How would I go about upgrading my 780kv brushless motors to something a bit oophy

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Lspleb79, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Lspleb79

Lspleb79 New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I don’t want to sell her.... I brought her a year ago and basically learned to drone... but I want it, not just faster but smoother there’s a lot of new kinds that piss over my stats .... any info and schematics gladly welcome lol

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #2 WTFDproject, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Kinda sounds like you haven't tried "Agility" and "Stagility" modes. I will attach a link below, but let me add a couple things to what you find in the thread:

1.) Take the camera off first. #1, you're probably going to crash it the first time. #2, the CGo2 and CGo3 mounts can't really take the strain when maneuvering to the max attainable in these modes.

2.) Have plenty of room around you and above you, at least for the first time.

2.) If you want a camera, one of the old CGo1 cameras, with the solid mount, makes a decent FPV camera without having to add an aftermarket rig.

3.) You might have to try a few times to get it to work. The speed at which you cycle the Mode switch 4 times is important. Not too slow, not too fast. If you lock up the ST-10, unplug the battery for a few minutes will probably get it back.

4.) Agility mode is rear LEDs red. This one, it's all on you. Have a bailout plan if this is your first time.

5.) Stagility mode is rear LEDs Blue. This one is a lot faster than Angle/Safe modes, but it does have some stability features.

6.) Notice the Agility mode (the hotter of the two) is the mode switch in "safe". This might save you some damage.

7.) Notice also these modes don't include "smooth".

Here's the link: https://yuneec-forum.com/threads/stability-agility-stagility-manual-modes.4131/

3. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Dang. Probably ought to listen to my own advice some time. This is like 5 seconds into the second flight. First flight was in "Stagility" (Blue Mode). No problems. The second was in "Agility" (Red Mode). Real short flight. :mad: :p

Agility Mode.jpg

4. Lspleb79

Lspleb79 New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I’ve found agility mode and flip mode........flip mode went wrong on my first one when it fell from 100 ft.... and the 2nd one I repaired with gorilla glue so much.... one day it flew away never to be seen again.......I’ve got to get new blades so that might be why I feel so infeariour to it ...but I love aiming at myself from a distance and playing chicken....my chroma was a bnf.... I already had st10+ so just had to get new chip.... my crashed 4K’s one was knackered.... ooh where can u get carbon blades

5. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Sounds like you may need to find a new , hobby, appears like you are doing everything you are not supposed to do with a drone...

6. Lspleb79

Lspleb79 New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I wouldn’t go as close to say I need a new hobby....I’m a novice.....but if a from ain’t for flying the what’s it for.....traystand maybe

7. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Flying your drone straight at you is not a good idea, wanting to just race around the sky, with no thought about who or what it may run into, not a good idea.....Unsafe operation is one reason we have so many regulations to live with now.....Take your time learn to fly slow first, then speed up a little as you become familiar with the drone, and maybe soon you may be ready to get a racing drone, now those will blow your mind, and your budget, as you learn to control them at high speeds and fast turns...In a safe environment of course , but most of all...FLY SAFE....secondly...HAVE FUN...but don't start out thinking you are an expert, when you have no idea what you are doing yet....I started out flying in the house all winter then moved outside in the spring, with a little larger drone, and then stepped up to another one, 6 drone steps later and I finally have the drone I want, to do what I want to do with a drone, aerial videography ...not racing...I started flying 7 years ago.and I don't crash anymore.......

8. Lspleb79

Lspleb79 New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I was baked when I posted this lol.... I’m very aware.... it’s took a year to get back to how I started so I guess ur right on that....I have learned a lot... firstly, is that if you neglect our electronic birds then it’s not going to end pretty. Second is that not everyone is wowed by drones...thirdly, is that rules r there to keep everyone safe!!!!!
    Hardest part was keeping chroma in the air in adjility mode....still not a fan of the gimbles