HOWTO: ST10 firmware update

Discussion in 'ST10(+) Controller' started by midego, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Ste

Stephen Member

MrBurns:

I'm a little reluctant to modify the firmware without a way to reinstall working firmware such as through android recovery. Something I came across however in looking through both versions of the ST10 and ST10+ firmware is that the ST 10's appear to be based on the CoolPad 8076 hardware; I would need to pull the ST10 apart to verify this however. There are very few differences between the ST10 and ST10+ firmwares on the Yuneec site, ST15Flightmode.apk appears to be the major difference. It would be interesting to take the ST15Flightmode.apk from the ST10+ firmware and put it into the ST10 firmware, possibly giving the ST10 the capabilities of the ST10+, but that's another time/day.

At this point, it looks like I'll have to call Yuneec and get some answers, unless they release a new firmware that actually works. Thanks anyways.

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Stephen,

WE know that when firmware tries to update but fails nothing happens to the original firmware. Its just a matter of taking the sdcard out and it fires up as before.

Midego and others will confirm this; however its not going to hurt to talk/send it back as long as you can wait.

Good luck

3. Rus

Russell Smith Member

just so all knows. there is an alternative rather than constantly taking out the SD card.
    use the USB cable you use to charge it with. and plug it into your pc.
    it will show up as another drive.
    just drag and drop to and from just like a thumb drive.

4. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Hi, Just updated my st10 plus and had a totally different experience. It did not show the 2 flies on the controller just a bin file. so updated it worked and have all new features.

hmm hope i did it correct

5. David Mills

David Mills New Member

For anyone experiencing difficulty in updating the ST10+ using a Mac, you may find that your Mac wants to update an SDXC card with ExFat even when you try to re-format to Fat 32. The solution is either to use a Windows machine or use a non XC card. I eventually managed to format the card using an older Mac and also when it asks for Partition Table, select Master Boot. Once you have done this the update should be straightforward. If you use ExFat or any Mac formatting protocol the Android system literally doesn't see it.

mrburns likes this.
  6. Mike Mas

Mike Mas New Member

I just upgraded my ST10+ however there was no RF file when I downloaded the file so I called Tech support and they advised me there was no RF upgrade - is this correct?

I used a Mac with the upgrade. It shows the current 24 version on the display.

Thanks

7. mrburns

That is correct - no RF file in the update

8. Mike Mas

Mike Mas New Member

Thanks for confirming . . .

9. jim

jimboski10 Member

Hello,

Just picked up my 4K yesterday. The controller is firmware version 1.5. I followed the directions to install the new firmware but when I go to the controller....no new file shows up to select and install so I can't upgrade because it is not finding the file. Anyone else have this issue or advice?

Thanks
    Jim

10. jim

jimboski10 Member

@Russell Smith so just plug cable into controller and then into pc....drag and drop files to the controller (like a thumb drive) and simply use the menus to find the file just like you would by inserting the SD card? Do I have that correct?

11. mrburns

Are you sure its 1.05 as the controller should be on b24c

see this link
    http://firmware.yuneec-forum.com

12. jim

jimboski10 Member

I think I got them mixed up the sticker on the bottom of the helicopter says 1.05 but the controller is probably different thanks for the clarity on that

13. Mic

Michel DENIS New Member

Bonjour, depuis la dernière mise à jour v1.07 pour Q500, Q500 et + 4K, mon Q500 me dit qu'il est de 4 mètres au-dessus du sol alors qu'il est sur le terrain!
    Mon ST10 prend beaucoup de temps pour détecter satelittes au moins 2 à 3 minutes, tandis que le Q500 a déjà trouvé le sien, même pour la connexion sans fil de CGO2GB et ST10, donc je pense que le problème est avec la mise à jour ST10 b41c.
    Même mis en place pour l'altitude il cesse de répondre à plus de 300 mètres, je dois tendre la main à capter un signal et puis le ramener
    Comme problème de lacet, il bloque, puis tourne sur lui même rapidement
    Quand il survient, il se pose tout d'un coup et parfois les moteurs ne ralentissent pas, du moins pas tout de suite.
    La mise à jour du Q500 offre une plus grande stabilité dans le vent, ce n'est pas le cas
    Le même jour attend Typhoon se pose si la tension est inférieure à 10,7 volts et bien que ma non Q500 se pose après avoir descendu à 10,4 volts.
    Entre la première alarme et basse tension de la batterie à 10,4 volts Il faut 1 minute et la batterie est neuve, chargé déchargées quatre fois déjà il a son essai à pleine charge avec un 12,5 volts testeur de batterie lipo et moi avons le même problème avec les deux autres batteries.
    Comment et combien coûte les références de la coli complète Yuneec UE?
    Mon Q500 était l'achat en Juin à 2015.
    Je vous remercie.

14. mrburns

the more satelites the ST10 and Q500 have the more accurate this will become, but it may take up to 2 minutes to get 12 satellites.
    les satellites plus le ST10 et Q500 ont le plus précis Cela va devenir , mais cela peut prendre jusqu'à 2 minutes pour obtenir 12 satellites .

Try re installing the firmware on the ST10, just in case. You should get a quicker response than that from the ST10.
    Essayez de ré installation du firmware sur le ST10 , juste au cas où . Vous devriez obtenir une réponse plus rapide que celle de la ST10 .

Are you in smart mode? If you are then the Geo fence will limit your distance. Use angle mode it will fly further.

Êtes-vous en mode intelligent ? Si vous êtes alors la clôture Geo limitera vos distances. Utilisez le mode d'angle il volera plus loin.

15. Mic

Michel DENIS New Member

Before the update of the ST10, I captured satelittes 10 in 30 seconds.
    ST10 firmware resettlement perform nothing changes.
    I always flies in Angle mode.
    It's not the distance that blocks 300 meters, but the height (set to 2400) before updating I rode 500 meters without problems.

16. mrburns

Change the firmware name from b41c to b42c, then reload.
    In regards to the 30o metres are we talking loss of video or loss of ST10 control signal?

17. Mic

Michel DENIS New Member

loss of ST10 control signal

18. Mic

Michel DENIS New Member

can I install the latest B42C downloadable update on the forum that is normally scheduled for the ST10 + Q500G Q500 and 4K on my ST10?
    Sorry for the translation because I speak French and translated by google trad

19. mrburns

NON,

The firmware for the ST10+ is NOT compatable with the ST10.

20. mrburns

This is very strange as the 2.4 ghz signal is good for 1 km always.

From what you said before about it has only happened since update to v1.07 then
    You can update the q500 to v1.07. change the file name from Q500_v1.07_ to Q500_1.071_

If these updates fail to improve it then you will need to talk to Yuneec as it would have to be a hardware problem.

http://yuneec-forum.com/resources/q500-firmware.10/

Cela est très étrange que le signal de 2,4 GHz est bon pour 1 km toujours .

D'après ce que vous avez dit à ce sujet avant n'a passé depuis mise à jour v1.07 puis
    Vous pouvez mettre à jour le Q500 à V1.07 . Modifiez le nom du fichier à partir Q500_v1.07_ à Q500_1.071_

Si ces mises à jour ne parviennent pas à améliorer alors vous aurez besoin de parler à Yuneec comme il devrait être un problème matériel .