Q500 4K HUGE lag time

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Typhoonography, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Typhoonography

Typhoonography New Member

Ho everyone-
    When I first got my Q5004k a couple of weeks ago, there was a fairly small lag time between adjusting the gimbal and the picture on the ST10+, but over 9-10 flights, the lag time has progressively gotten much, much longer.
    Now I'm spending more time lining up my shots than actually getting them.

On a side note, I've also noticed that in smart mode, if the Q is hovering directly above me (regardless of altitude) pushing the right stick forward has absolutely no effect.

Any ideas on either of these?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Tank

Tank Member

First problem you made to calibrate you're gimble, there is program in the GUI that will do this for you. Second, when the Q500 is safe mode it has a stand off distance for safety. I hope some of this helps.

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

Not sure what your talking about Tank about a calibrate for the 4K gimbals??? There is no calibrate for the CGO3 camera in the GUI. The only cameras\gimbals that can be calibrated is the CGO2+( older camera) and the CGO3+(Typhoon H camera) not the CGO3 4K. (typhoon 5oo 4K)

4. Typhoonography

Tank-
    The gimbal has been calibrated, as well as the compass and accelerometer. Being 100 feet in the air is well outside the smart circle / stand-off range, yet it will not move forward when the stick is pushed forward. It will however, move left, right and back

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

LOL
    OK you tell me how you managed to calibrate your 4k gimbal?? You would be the first to ever do that.
    Let us in on your secret please.

6. Typhoonography

My bad. Firmware

Jagerbomb52 likes this.