Idling speed after landing

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by James Hoare, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jam

James Hoare New Member

After firmware upgrade, when Typhoon H lands, the idling speed seems higher than before. Can this be corrected.

Tags:
    Jonas likes this.
  2. lan

landrovermen New Member

Today about 45 minutes ago i landed my typhoon, and it tried to take off sideways by it zelf!
    I saved it just in time (autopilot vi 27)

3. Jon

Jonas New Member

So I noticed to. If I land and let go of the stick fast, the H takes off again....

4. QuadBart

QuadBart Active Member

Man, glad I'm holding off updating my firmware...(sigh)..

5. Faq

Faquer New Member

Problem can be solved ...need to get into a slightly hidden menu and within the menu you can adjust every button or stick . Mine had the throttle stick being way of center point off and it was connected to 2 other functions I forget which , redid the settings and checked every switch and stick movement save and go back to home reboot everything and mine has flown perfect since.. but either it was off out of the box or after firmware update not sure which. All that matters is it flies right now .

6. Faq

Faquer New Member

Updated firmware is awesome gives you more control over the H even while in the air

7. Faq

Faquer New Member

Oh yeah recalibrated compass ,accelerometer and gimbal .....reboot and then fly as normal

8. lan

landrovermen New Member

Dear Faquer, i know the input setting all was wel and normal, and after software update i always recalibrate but problems stil there. Yuneec eu want me to send it in but about 8 weeks turnaround! This not what i was expecting from my H real sense.

9. vr-pilot

vr-pilot Member

Made some flights under quite windy conditions today and everything I noticed so far: for me everything is as fine as before! Never had real problems (flying with the third FW by now) and I hope it will stay like this...

10. QuadBart

QuadBart Active Member

So, I caved and did the update.

Happy to report no issues and it flies just fine (knock on wood). During my first manual landing, when it touched down the motors idled down for a bit then idled back up and it lifted off gently (a foot). I easily pulled the left stick down and it came back down and landed and I cut the motors. I noticed on my ST16 altitude said -13.4 ft. I power-cycled the H. This time altitude read -.3 or was it -.03, either way close enough. Tested multiple times and didn't happen again.

This upgrade did fix the couple things introduced with the 1 Sept. upgrade; The camera or horizon is no longer badly titled with the LG down, its not drifting, and I'm not getting the occasional flashing orange light.

So all in all happy...

11. Col

Colin Ramsay New Member

4 batteries flown after update. .no reportable issues

12. Bri

Brian Moore New Member

I landed my Typhoon H in rabbit mode, heard the motors slow down, released the joy stick easy to the neutral position, 3 seconds later the motors increase rpm and pick the drone up off the ground about 1-2 feet with no input from me. When I do this in turtle mode, the drone stays on the ground. Any ideas? Thanks for feedback. Brian

13. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

You could try and calibrate your ST16.

14. QuadBart

QuadBart Active Member

Mine would do that. Would all depend on the firmware version. Seemed every other version would either fix it or re-introduce it... Definitely try calibrating the sticks or make sure they "center" correctly.

15. Bri

Brian Moore New Member

OK, figured it out. I was letting loose of the joystick and it would pop back to the neutral position and thats when the drone would rev up and come off the ground. So, I gently ease the joystick back to neutral position and the problem goes away. Thanks for the 2 comments above. Brian.

QuadBart likes this.
  16. Pat

PatR Moderator Staff Member

When landing, hold throttle stick full aft and don't release aft stick until the motors slow down. Release the stick gently at that point but also remain cognizant of what is happening at the H. Be prepared to take control if the motors spool up again. The flight is not over until the motors are disarmed and fully stopped.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  17. Bri

Brian Moore New Member

Thanks

18. Bri

Brian Moore New Member

Need some help. I was flying my Typhoon H this weekend and I attempted to land the drone, it touched down, I kept the throttle in the down position waiting for the motors to throttle down, it revs up, goes sideways, flips upside down, breaks every propeller and the gimbal mount. What is going on?

19. Pat

PatR Moderator Staff Member

If you maintained a "bottom" throttle position there is no way it throttled up. Something has been left out of your description. If the throttle was held at the bottom position the worst that can happen is the motor speed could remain at a "high idle" state and letting off the throttle could allow the H to lift off the ground. For the H to flip over after leaving the ground indicates that some pitch or roll input was was occurring at the right stick. Making a wild guess, the H is your first multirotor and your experience level with RC transmitters is rather low.

Step back a little and more closely review what you were doing when the H lifted and rolled over. Had you pushed the red "disarm" button while holding the throttle stick down the motors would have shut down completely. Inexperience, over controlling, and haste has been the cause of most of the roll over incidents.

tazman likes this.
  20. Bri

Brian Moore New Member

It throttled up while the stick was pulled back and the landing gear was on the ground. My right hand was free and clear of the stick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.