Information about Typhoon Q500 4K after crash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DARRELL COOK, Jul 23, 2020.

1. DARRELL COOK

DARRELL COOK New Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Male
    I recently crashed my Typhoon. I cannot reconnect my CGO3. I did the GUI and checked all the sensors. Checked out fine. Camera is still not connected. When I move the left stick up, it just does a nose dive into the ground without taking off with ease as it use to. My question is does this have anything to do with the camera? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.....

2. Rowan88

Rowan88 New Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Male

Have you checked the controller setup on your handset.
    Make sure it’s still all setup the way you think it is.

3. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I have flown my Q500 4K without the camera mounted on it with no problem so I don't think the camera would cause that problem, you may have damaged something besides just the camera, or the control setting are messed up and make sure you are not in safe mod and standing to close when trying to take off. I have tipped mine over when in safe mode and standing right next to it, it just tried to get that preset safe distance from me and was not ready to fly and just scraped the ground and flipped.....I am not used to flying in safe mode and take off while standing to close but it works in angle mode...

4. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

The answer is: no. Camera control is done via WiFi connection 5GHz with CGI commands. GUI has nothing to do with camera.
    Gimbal and drone control is done via 2.4GHz ZigBee connection. If camera is not bound the drone should fly as usual.

Just some ideas to start debugging:
    Item1: Camera binding
    Is the camera powered? What shows the status LED of the cam (front side)? You can check if the WiFi hotspot of the camera is working when you have a WiFi Analyzer app on you phone. Camera SSID should be visible there:
    CGO3P_WiFi.png

Item2: Drone behaviour
    Connect to GUI and do a ESC assignment. Do motor check without propeller. Ckeck
    - if all motors are running and
    - if they all have the same torque.
    Check flight logs for motor errors.

br HE

5. DARRELL COOK

DARRELL COOK New Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Male
    Thanks to the responses. I got a new flight body, replaced everything and tried it this morn. It fired up as normal and tried to take off and guess what?--------Tipped over again and broke the front new propellers. This could become expensive. I will recheck the distance from controller to drone and recheck the flight mode. Thanks, but keep your ideas comming......

6. DARRELL COOK

DARRELL COOK New Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Male
    Hey everyone. GOOD NEWS. I am in the air again. Evidently, I was in the smart mode before and trying to take off too close. Took it down to a neighbor's property a few minutes ago and made sure it was in the angle mode and a good 40 foot away. It took off fine ( a little windy and drifted some) hovered fine, turned fine, forward, and backwards with a real soft landing......Again, thanks to all who responded......Maybe I can get CGO3 connected next week. I may need you-all again. Thank-you.

7. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Some times the simple solution is the one that works, LOL happy flying... and good luck with your camera...

8. DARRELL COOK

DARRELL COOK New Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Male
    Right back at you!!! Thanks, Bruce....

9. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    There is a binding diagnostic document that can go a long way to determine where the camera connection process is failing. The document only works if you follow each step. Exactly as written. When folks first use the document, they are often impatient. They skip steps if "I know I already did that". And many times, they later find they had not, or did it incorrectly. Please be patient, and perform ALL steps, no matter how much you are convinced you don't need to. Most of the steps are about drone binding instead of camera. Do them anyway.

The document works as a verification. There will be steps that tell you to take an action, then the next step verifies the expected result of that action. If the expected result is not achieved, DO NOT CONTINUE. Report back to the forum what step, and what you actually saw.

See Attachment 30 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF file attached to :https://yuneec-forum.com/threads/way-to-fix-drones-project.10229/".