Insurance. PPA, APA, ASMP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krakozavr, Jan 7, 2017.

1. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

Hello, dear friends!
    I'm looking for options for my drone and photography business. I'm flying under the FAA 107 commercial license, mostly for stock, also for real estate. BTW, welcome to see: htyp://gettyvideo.yourphoto.biz

I found that professional photography organizations providing good insurance options. But it's hard to me to understand all details, I'm newcomer in the USA and many concepts about insurance still unclear for me. Can you suggest a proper direction?

Thank you in advance.

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

3. Jim

Jim A Member

I can vouch for Verifly as I have used them a couple of dozen times in the last couple of months. I only had 1 time that it insured me for the wrong area and Verifly tech support quickly investigated the issue.
    I think it was an internal issue with a couple of map apps on my phone all running at the same time. Since then I make sure to close those before hitting the "Get Insurance" button in Verifly. Another dozen policies later and no more issues.
    It's a great way to be protected if your a weekend flyer and only need liability insurance part of the time. If your getting serious and flying commercially for more than 100 hours a year, then you may want to look into full time drone insurance which usually is around $1000 a year for 1 drone and $1500 for 2 drones depending on your area and other things like you experience and logged flight hours, etc.
    Check out Alan Pearlman's UAV Coach website and this extensive article on drone insurance. http://uavcoach.com/drone-insurance-guide/ He provides an extensive list of insurance companies and brokers that insure drones.
    Be safe, fly safe, don't take chances, and definitely get insurance whether your a hobbyist or professional.

4. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

Verify is not an option, unfortunately, because they don't working in NY ;( and I need the protection now.

5. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

I saw this guide, BTW. Yes, insurance agencies provided quotes about $1000 per year. But with professional assotiations, it seem to be much cheaper... but how effective? I'm not sure.