Q500 4K Lose 15 grams quick

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by PilotRichard, Mar 8, 2019.

1. #1 PilotRichard, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 7:32 PM
    I always thought the Landing Gear on my Typhoon Q500 4K were a lil goofy, and before I do a more serious Mod using Carbon Tubes, I came up with this. All you need is a very sharp Box Cutter blade (new), and these sticky back Foam landing pads. I got a bag of 50 pcs. for $3, lol. Remove the existing "feet" which are ridiculously over designed, and weigh in at 4 grams a piece (4x4=16). Now place the new landing pads close to original position and mark where to trim the sides. Use the free blade to cut (Careful) squarely and uniformly, affix the new pads and your done. The new foam pads weigh a total of 1.2 grams, all of them, and I have 46 spares, lol Here's the Link https://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-FPV-...m2abbd6b779:g:PVwAAOSwa1Zb75Rc&frcectupt=true

Note: The Yuneec Typhoon CGO3 Camera will sit about 3/8" closer to the ground after this Mod, but is still clear when Gimbal testing before launch.
    Note #1: I just performed a test flight and the Typhoon flies a bit lighter now, the Pitch and Roll response are noticeably quicker, and while descending rapidly from Altitude it doesn't oscillate as much.
    Note#2: I added a layer of carefully placed (not stretched) and trimmed electrical tape inside landing skid to prevent Prop Wash from causing legs to shake; this adds almost 3 grams, but I'm still shaving 12 grams off exactly where you don't want it. Next step is drilling holes into bottom of skids to lose more weight.

Attached Files:

2. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Male
    Can you link us to the pads?

3. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Male