Losing connection to camera during inflight

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bauer45, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Bau

Bauer45 New Member

at 300 feet out I'm getting an error on my display that says I've lost connection to camera, trying to reconnect. When it reconnects I can travel further out but then it loses connection again. Then it reconnects And so on and so on. I have no problem controlling my 4K quad at 600 feet. Is my WIFI screwed up or is this normal?

Tags:
  2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

This has been reported by a number of users , irrespective of bird.

One of the weaknesses of the Camera is the position of the antennae, especially when flying away.
    This is one of the reason some users convert to an upright antennae kit to ensure the output is being picked up.

If you were to turn the bird 180 degrees then it probably would be a better signal, but naturally its pointing at you. :(

3. Bau

Bauer45 New Member

So I paid 1500$ for a drone that can't fly pointed away from me?

4. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Yes it can,

I regularly fly 600 metres away without loss of signal. It is just a something that needs to be considered, especially of you are low flying due to the signal pattern.

There a numerous factors that can influence the signal both transmit and receive. I get no issues at all but some do. As we are not party to the conditions or location it is difficult to acertain the cise. The above could be one of those issues contributing to such a loss, or may not.

5. Bau

Bauer45 New Member

Your right Mcburns. Sometimes I get 1200 feet and sometimes I get 300 feet But I usually reconnect right away and I always have my Quad in sight so I guess I should not worry too much. I am going to modify with FPVLR just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the reply

6. Aboveboarddrywall

Aboveboarddrywall New Member

Im losing my signal after take off and only 100 feet away.