Mantis Q battery and charging

Discussion in 'Mantis Q' started by mickscull, Nov 5, 2018.

1. mickscull

mickscull New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    Can anyone advise please..... I would like to balance charge my Mantis Q batteries from a non Yuneec charger. I have several battery chargers that charge/ discharge and set batteries to storage voltage. As far as I can see, the supplied charger just charges only. Looking at the pin outs on the Mantis Q and battery, the outer 2 pins must be the + and -, with the inner 2 pins possibly used for balancing.
    Any experts able to shed some light on this please
    Thanks

2. Spooky

Spooky New Member

May 5, 2015
    Yep, as usual, the second contact is the negative of the first cell, and the positive of the second... and so on: Yuneec-Mantis-battery.jpg
    sorry the picture is upside down ;)

3. mickscull

mickscull New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    Spooky, many thanks for the picture. I see that you have made a connector for the battery end. Did you use plain spade type terminals held in a plastic block?? Is it possible to take a couple of pictures of the battery end connector to help me make up one for myself please. Thanks again

4. Spooky

Spooky New Member

May 5, 2015
    #4 Spooky, Nov 16, 2018 at 3:55 PM
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM
    IMG_20181109_211519.jpg

Hi! I do apologize for not replying before,
    I had a Breeze standard 220 volts charger that I had previously reformed to charge in the car,
    but the battery of the Mantis did not fit in,
    so, choosing between very technical solutions and being a butcher, I´ve choosen being a butcher and canibalised the Breeze connector. :oops:
    IMG_20181109_211621.jpg