(MidWest) Used V18 Camera

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by droneguy1, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. droneguy1

droneguy1 New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    I have a Yuneec V18 camera I bought to use with the 920 platform . I have found that the Cgo4 is my goto rig and that I don't use the V18 much.. I've only used it in 3 flights at about 20 min a flight, it's more suitable for someone doing inspection or surveillance.

Pictures coming if I have interest.

$1400 shipped
    Some-what interested in trades.

2. Mwelr

Mwelr Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Male
    Have you any videos online showing its zoom capability, and is it controllable by a 920+?
    Thanks

3. droneguy1

droneguy1 New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    There are videos online, specifically YouTube. I can make make a video for an interested person, it just might take me awhile, it's currently uninstalled and in its box.
    I also have the 920+ and had no issues, are you using an st24 or an st16 ground station? They both should work but I've only used the st24 for the V18.

4. Mwelr

Mwelr Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Male
    Mine is a ST16 with the 920+, but you say you've only used the V18 with the ST24 and you've use the V18 with the 920+.
    I did not think it was possible to use the ST24 with the 920+, are you making a mistake, or am I missing something.
    Thanks.

5. Doug Johnston

Doug Johnston New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    @Mwelr, you’re correct, the ST24 & V18 are only applicable with the H920 and not the ST16 & 920+, per Yuneec’s own specifications and communications with Yuneec Tech. I had communicated with Tech on upgrading the 920 to 920+ and they indicated the V18 would not be useable.

Not sure what the situation is, but there is an error somewhere in the post.

Personally, I had a V18 and H920, the V18 broke soon after opening and Yuneec USA and all US venders would not service it since it was never sold or marketed in USA. I liked the design and had intended for inspections but it... took other route.,

6. droneguy1

droneguy1 New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    You are correct, my 920 has the quick release prop mechanism, I was unaware of the actual differences. I just assumed it was a plus but it was only upgraded. So it is a regular 920.
    Since I have you guys here, what are the other differences? Does the +operate on a different receiver? The main board looks the same?

7. Doug Johnston

Doug Johnston New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    That makes more sense, and yes the Prop Quick Release (QR) kit has been available for both 920 & 920+. The QR kit came with the 920+ upgrade, although the motors were not changed and the QR's have been used on both by many 920 Owners; I installed the QR's on mine too.

The 920+ Upgrade Kit is available from Yuneec as a In-Shop upgrade Only for about $350-400 and not reversible. Visually, I there isn't any difference, and I'm not even sure if any model graphic labels were updated.... the quickest way to determine between the two are the Flight Radios: ST24 / ST12 were H920, ST16 was H920+.

It does not change any of the mechanical components of the 920: Motors, Boom Arms, Fuselage, etc. It is primarily a Mainboard & associated Electronics replacement... maybe, not 100% certainty if ESC's are replaced too. Along with the new mainboard and associated electronics it includes a ST16 Radio. The ST24 is only operational with the H920, not the Plus.

You gain a few ST16 features and loose a few ST24 features. Overall, from my understanding most that had the H920 and upgraded to 920+ felt it was a negative and the 920+ not a capable in operations as the H920.

Good luck on your V18 Sale.