Mind Controlled Drones

Discussion in 'News' started by Jas, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Are mind-controlled drones a good idea?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not sure

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Jas

Jas Administrator
    Staff Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    Engineer
    Canada
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

All they need is a bunch of these guys running around and some hacker to hack into the chip.........Houston we have a problem LOL

Riktar and Jas like this.
  3. Riktar

Riktar Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    If this could be achieved by way of a neural interface "helmet" that I could take on and off at my discretion, maybe.

But there is NO way in hell would I ever have something man made implanted (surgical or otherwise) into my noggin.

The only things that enter my body from the neck up involve chewing, drinking, swallowing and (of course) sucking in my fair share of the air!

4. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Seems there are a lot of people out there that can't even control themselves with their minds...let alone a drone...

PiraTech and Mario Rodriguez like this.
  5. RedmondTurner

RedmondTurner New Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Male
    The idea seems neat but I don't think there is an elegant way to implement this, or at least not at the current time.

6. PiraTech

PiraTech New Member

May 14, 2018
    Male
    As Bruce has already brought up, humans are to easy to distract. When a foxy lady approaches, she gets all my attention. The heck with the drone. BUT all a woman has to see is a nice pair of shoes and she's gone. Not meant to offend anyone. You all know it's true. :)

7. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Considering all the issue we currently have with flying, this would be a very bad idea. Personally, I think mind controlling pretty much anything is a bad idea. I'm sure everyone see the effects of driving, and using a cellphone at the same time. Doesn't matter if you are talking, texting, or hands-free, a good portion of you mind is focused on the conversation, and not were your full attention should be at all times. There are some things we can't train ourselves to completely ignore, like threats and danger, survival sort of overrides everything. Might only take a quick second to identify the threat, as nothing to worry about, but it will pull your attention away from all else.

Some people are better at multi-tasking than others, but the vast majority are just fooling themselves, if they can do many things, all the time, flawlessly.

8. RedmondTurner

RedmondTurner New Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Male
    See a nice looking woman and the drone would go straight up! If you know what I mean

9. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Back in the 70s almost everybody had a CB radio in their vehicle, and we didn't have these kind of problems while driving......Different generation I guess........

Bronson006 likes this.
  10. Riktar

Riktar Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    CB radio operation did not take as much attention to operate as a cell phone.
    When I was operating mine I did not have to take my eyes off the road to operate it. My channel usage was fairly minimal. I had 3 channels that I frequented and changing to them was infrequent and I could accomplish that with just feeling the clicks on the channel selector. And communication was done in short, to the point bursts.
    Cell phone usage (ESPECIALLY texting) takes your attention and eyes off the road for WAY too much time.

11. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I think we should go back to CB radios, and the service was free...Of course back in the 70s when I was driving truck, you had to have an FCC license to operate a CB radio, but as far as I know it is free now.....my license was $20 back then.......I still have a CB on my motorcycle, but just to talk to other riders in the group....