MK58

Discussion in 'Help' started by wilger, Jan 10, 2021.

1. wilger

wilger New Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Male
    Hello. New to Yuneec products and have a question. Purchased a used Q500 which has the standard camera and gimble but it also has a MK58 attached to its bottom. Is the MK58 necessary to run the standard camera or is it for something else?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The MK 58 was used when mounting a GoPro camera. At the time, lots of folks had GoPro cameras, and preferred to use it instead of buying a new camera just for the drone.

3. wilger

wilger New Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Male
    I see. So that component could be moved to another drone to allow gopro mount.
    Also wondering how to view avc files I found on the micro drive that was left in the drone. It was where you do updates but instructions say to remove it after updates so not sure whats going on ;(

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    VLC media player can play AVC files.
    The Instructions just meant to remove the card until you delete the update files. But it was important at the time to put it back in to capture flight log information for any warranty claims. No warranty anymore, but you might need the data for other reasons.

5. wilger

wilger New Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Male
    Man I just cant stump you...... much appreciated
    Should the micros be formated to clean them up before replacing in TX? There seems to be a lot of files on them. Havent been able to get VLC to read the files . Tried a few download solutions to no avail. Will keep working on it. I am a bit too old to be starting this new hobby
    Brain dont work like it used to;(

6. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Yeah, I would format the card. You can copy anything on the card to your PC first in case it becomes important later.

7. wilger

wilger New Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Male
    Great will keep your info handy. Thanks again.

WTFDproject likes this.
  8. DR-one

DR-one Member

May 20, 2016
    Male
    Are you interested in getting rid of the mk58? Does it have the mushroom antenna and cable with it? proxy-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

9. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

If VLC will not do the job to play .avc videos then it needs special settings (forgot wich).
    The easiest way is to download MPC-HC player. It is a lightweight player that can play 4K videos on older devices where VLC lags.
    MPC-HC player is also good for avc files.
    https://mpc-hc.org/

br HE