New Typhoon H520 announced by Yuneec

Discussion in 'H520 Hexacopter' started by Jagerbomb52, Jan 5, 2017.

1. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

BTW, CGO-4, the only one Yuneec camera wich look to be really professional, still incompatible with this drone, unfortunately.

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  2. Tun

Tuna Member

I think the CGO-4 is based on the older Panasonic GH-4 camera, so I'm hoping we'll get an announcement for a CGO-5 when they get round to upgrading the H920 :)

Denis56 likes this.
  3. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,
    Above 2 kg on take-off for a drone we need a safety parachute to fly in urban areas as professional drones operators in France. In Europe (EU), the regulation will be harmonized in the near future under the supervision of EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency): https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-you/civil-drones-rpas
    Have a look on this website too, in English/French, dealing with all drones rules in EU: http://dronerules.eu
    With the typhoon H Advanced (weight = 1, 965 Kg < 2 Kg) it is possible. If you use the Intel RealSense option you are over 2 kg. I'm afraid that we are more than 2 kg with this more massive H520 drone than typhoon H.
    This aspect greatly limits its interest for professionals who want to fly in urban areas, especially if there is no solution for integrated emergency parachute proposed with it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    krakozavr likes this.
  4. Ddr

Ddraiggoch Member

Oh oh!!!!

I must have succumbed to a minor bout of RVWS, I missed all the stuff relative to the CGO-CI

Who, what, where?

If the H520 is ST16 driven will the CGO-CI fit/work on the current H (Non luminous)

RVWS???? Rip Van Winkle Syndrome... affects the cognizance of things going on around you .... just like situatinal awareness, or lack of :)

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm from what I have been told it will work on the Typhoon H. What are the specs of the camera, we know very little as I'm sure Yuneec also knows very little or we would know a heck of a lot more.
    Hows that for your Rip Van Winkle Syndrome?

6. jdu

jdube New Member

The new improved CGO3+ will have a new and better lens with a narrower focus to reduce the problems with the outer edges. The CGO CI will have a 50mm lens for industrial work so you will not have to be so close. Both are backward compatible to the original TH

oaken8 likes this.
  7. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

I do know that the CGO3 at least is made by Panasonic.

gnomad and Denis56 like this.
  8. E_B

E_Bro New Member

SDK. Great. That's the first I hear of an SDK for yuneec products. Makes me hopeful.

9. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

CGO4 i believe

Codestar7 likes this.
  10. ldc

ldcam2 New Member

Just a q500. Great rc-q-copter a tripod in the sky .
    I was looking at the typhoon-h but I hear to many fly away story's

It's not made to comparing to DJI . Dji is a drone software . Q500 is just a
    Rc- q-copter I love it But I am scared to make the move to the H fly away stories

11. sky

skypuppy7 Member

but the PRICE!! <gack>

Kenny_D likes this.
  12. dwi

dwiener Member

The camera could be the deal breaker on this for pro video, what with DJI offering global shutter on the 4Pro. No info at all on the specs of the CI

13. gno

gnomad Member

Love the "deters wildlife from getting too close" When did animals get color vision? BTW when I wear blaze orange hunting it doesn't deter the deer or elk I shoot. What a crock of Madison Avenue advertising hype.

plissken likes this.
  14. Sea

Seamore2001 New Member

Any idea who is supplying the thermal camera on the CGO-ET dual thermal RGB camera? Is it Flir? Or someone else?