No Drones Allowed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark Currier, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Mark Currier

Mark Currier New Member

Apr 18, 2018
    Was driving on the Natchez Trace Pkwy a few weeks ago with the top down and saw this sign on the way back. At the South end of the Hwy 100 bridge. Nothing on the North end (Southbound side), but there is a parking lot on that end. Maybe they don't want people walking out on the bridge fron the non-parking end? There was no shortage of crazy tourists doing it anyhow. Just thought it was interesting. My first encounter with a no-drone sign. Was out driving the car anyhow, not looking to fly my drone, so...no skin off my nose.

Attached Files:

2. nrrtrains

nrrtrains Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Male
    Staten Island New York USA
    get used to it , it's not going away any time soon , maybe never .
    fly safe

3. DroneOrBoat

DroneOrBoat Active Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Central Florida
    I don't see a "no drone flying" sign. I see, "no DJI drone flying". My Q doesn't look like that. (smile)

4. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I thought the sign ment " NO DRONE SHOOTING"...or you are not supposed to shoot at drones in that area....

gnomad likes this.
  5. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    Isn’t Natchez Trace a natl. park or monument? If so it makes sense, if not just remember the FAA controls the NAS not another agency. They can restrict you from launching/ landing in their land but not overflying it. Aircraft overfly Natl. Parks on a routine basis, they don’t fly around

6. jvawter

jvawter New Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I've seen many areas with these signs posted. To date I know of no National Parks where drone flight is permitted. If you obtain the proper certificate and file for an exception you can fly in Mational Parks but you have to file a flight plan which yoh must follow. I recommend finding an insurance carrier that's reputable and having an insurance certificate active. Some insurers are such that you call or use an app and can activate insurance for as little as an hour of coverage. BLM does permit flight in almost all areas. Many times that's more spectacular than in National Parks.

7. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    You are correct IF you launch or land in the Natl. Park. Overflight is a whole different matter. The Park Service does NOT CONTROL THE NAS. No commercial, military, or private aircraft has to get permission to overfly, same for a drone! Check the law

8. That's a "NO DJI Phantom" Flying Sign, my Q 500 4K doesn't look anything like that either. (LOL) Yuneec Rules !

Attached Files:

nrrtrains likes this.
  9. william bennett

william bennett New Member

Sunday
    That is because they are always on a UPS plane to be fixed

10. DroneOrBoat

DroneOrBoat Active Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Central Florida
    OUCH !!! LOL