Notify and Fly

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Don R, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Don R

Don R New Member

Oct 18, 2022
    Male
    Can anyone give me the 2nd grade answer on how to "Notify and Fly" my drone in controlled airspace. B4UFLY and the Air Control App. I live in an area that is in the "notify and fly" zone.

How can I get permission to fly in this area. One of the apps seemed to be telling me I passed and could go flying but I don' know how to get that info to the drone so it will fly.

Any help will are appreciated.

2. Pier2162

Pier2162 Member

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    #2 Pier2162, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Hi,welcome.
    Hope I've understand your question: the "notify and fly" function should allow you to let other drone pilots know that you're flying in the area, but doesn't prevent you from flying.
    Are you sure you're not trying to takeoff into a "no fly zone" (NFZ) ?
    Are you near any airport?
    If so, you need a special permission from flight authorities of your country, but normally this authorization is granted only to professional pilots.
    In both cases, you need a sw upgrade to remove NFZ limitation.

3. Don R

Don R New Member

Oct 18, 2022
    Male
    Yes I am in a NFZ near an airport but the restriction is for anything above 200 ft. My understanding is that there is a way for me to fly my drone and stay under that airspace. But it appears it does require authorization and I assumed a recreation pilot could fly under the airspace but I'm not sure how to get the permission and tell the drone it's ok .... if that's possible

4. Pier2162

Pier2162 Member

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    I don't think that the sw of the drone can consider altitude limitations into a NFZ.
    The only way to unlock is a sw upgrade you can find here:
    https://yuneecskins.com/

5. Don R

Don R New Member

Oct 18, 2022
    Male
    Do you know if the company is out of business? I found another user who talked to someone (a number of years back) at Yuncee and once he returned a document saying he would follow the rules he says they sent him the fix. The numbers I can find don't work BUT there is a place on their website to email them and ask for the NFZ release. I have tried that but I haven't gotten anything back and I sent it several days ago.

The website you mention wants $100 for what appears to be the same fix...but I just don't know

6. Pier2162

Pier2162 Member

Oct 5, 2020
    Male