C-GO3 Odd camera / gimbal issue - CG03

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by PF1, Apr 23, 2016.

1. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO
    I have a Q500 4k. I went out for a second flight today and had an issue with the gimbal. The Q500 was sitting on mowed grass, but the camera was still touching the grass. On take off, you can see that the gimbal was going somewhat crazy during the flight. I noticed when I checked the video feed. I landed, turned off the camera, the props, then picked it up and the gimbal immediately started making a clicking sound, so I shut off everything.

I found a thread on here that discussed a reset button on the camera. I found that button when I was at home. I set the Q on the counter and the horizon was very slanted. I turned it off and back on again. Same thing. I tried the reset button after I turned it on a 3rd time. It *seems* to be better now. I didn't see anything magical happen when I pushed the reset button. I just pushed it for several seconds, then shut everything down. Upon starting back up, everything looked fairly level compared to how it looked before.

Here is a link to the video it took on the flight. It's only about 2 minutes. Disappointing because I really am liking how it flies. The weather has been slightly windy here (12-15mph) and won't be better over the next few days. Since I'm not used to flying something this large it's a bit "scary". I'm hoping to get back out tonight and see what happens.

Let me know if you have had a similar issue! Thanks

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    I have found if you start up the Q where the camera is touching long grass or anything in its path your screwed. The gimbal seems to be very sensitive to where it starts up.
    I'm surprised you found that button..... I'm still looking for mine. :)

3. yappyhaidoo

yappyhaidoo Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Where is positioned the button?

4. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO

The button under the arrow near the sd card.

image.jpeg

RoboBoboCH likes this.
  5. W Wisnu W

W Wisnu W New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Place your drone at the hardcase yuneec and turn it on, don`t touch until gimbal ready.

Dont forget hardcase must good level with water pass, u can download water pass at your android or iphone for check water pass

6. Chris Moss

Chris Moss Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Male
    What is this water pass app you speak of..Thank you

7. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO
    I think he means to basically use the hard case as a lift off pad, but use a level phone app (kinda like a carpenter's level) and once you find a good ground spot that is level, put the Q on it and lift off.

On a side note, I flew last weekend and had another similar issue with the gimbal/camera. This time the camera wouldn't straighten out after I flipped it on landing. It was too windy (14mph) for me. The camera went all cockeyed, servo clicked like crazy each time I turned it off and turned it back on. At home, I set it on a level table and finally pressed the reset button again with a paperclip end. It then seemed to straighten itself back out.

Chris Moss likes this.
  8. Chris Moss

Chris Moss Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Male
    I thought maybe that was what was meant... I definitely loaded up the bubble level app. have a few sticks of wood in back of truck,,, and level her up...( will have wedges for the next go around/// lol) and we were good to go... sometimes my camera gimble will over adjust after a few minutes of air time and have to land and restart the bird to get gimble level again... may have to try the camera reset button you folks talk of??? I also think I found camera reset button on transmitter under the settings,,, will look into that?? Thanks gang for all the helpful info

9. Chris Moss

Chris Moss Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Male
    #9 Chris Moss, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Ok men.... My gimble is starting to do the unnecessary lean a bit more often... I am really trying my best to set her on level ground and even using bubble level ( hard to read in Sun...AArgh) I see this talk about resetting camera? I tried the reset camera on the transmitter. Then I try to hit the reset button itself on the belly of camera to reset... Is this done with camera and transmitter on?? or just camera on? or both off?? I even try to do accelerometer calibration to keep this from happening. What I seem to be getting is a decent gimble setting when I start with the general direction that I start the bird from... I can then lift her up a bit... do a rotation of the bird and see a level skyline at that point... but sometimes after a while I can keep a straight gimble on the original direction, but as I rotate...... then she wants to get off a bit until I get to a 180 degree mark which would be the exact opposite side from original gimble set. so just the angles from the left to right... aargh... hopin a camera reset can help this?? but not sure of standard procedure with the paper clip... the camera on or off as I asked above... Thanks gang

10. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO
    #10 PF1, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Sorry Chris, haven't been on in a bit. I have the transmitter on and then turn the camera on with the reset button pushed in. I know I've also tried with the camera already booted up and then hit the reset button. I'm not sure what Yuneec's instructions are the official way for camera reset.

Chris Moss likes this.
  11. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO
    I finally was able to fly (twice!) without camera issues. About a 5mph wind and no issues. Two flights and what a rush it was (in turtle mode). This is definitely a relaxing multi-copter to fly!

Chris Moss likes this.
  12. Chris Moss

Chris Moss Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Male
    PF1 Thanks for the response. I understand not responding right off the bat.... wouldn't it be nice if a guy could drone all day and set on the forum...LOL..... Thanks again.

PF1 likes this.
  13. PF1

PF1 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Male
    KC MO
    Retirement! That's my plan!

14. beachcomber

beachcomber Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Male
    Just curious, what's other button on the camera for?