C-GO3 Options for replacing a Gimbal/Cam on a Q500 HD

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Elcoucho, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Elcoucho

Elcoucho New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Baltimore
    I have a Q500 HD in great shape and flying beautifully. It came to me with a swapped out CGO2+ gimbal/cam that has issues (main board is sketchy).
    So my question is about purchasing a new gimbal/cam setup for it. Should I stick with the CGO3 to maintain full camera control with the St-10+ or should I consider a GB203 Gimbal, MK58 downlink and use a GoPro? Or is there another viable option? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

2. lightbg

lightbg Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Male
  3. Elcoucho

Elcoucho New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Baltimore
    That's exactly what I ended up ordering. Should have it in a few days. I like to troubleshoot as much as I can , but when it gets to micro soldered control boards, that when I admit defeat. Looking forward to having a flight when it comes in.

4. Elcoucho

Elcoucho New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Baltimore
    So I ordered a brand new CGO3 for $250 from an Amazon seller :
    https://www.amazon.com/YUNEEC-CGO3-...UTF8&qid=1519337880&sr=8-1&keywords=q500+cgo3
    It arrived today...new, sealed in box with extra slide mount, an SD to Micro SD adapter and a micro SD in the camera. Connected to Q500 with supplied cable and did a new Bind with the Q500 and CGO3....It works like a champ. Super fast gimbal response and perfect video feed. I'll get it up in the air when the weather improves, but it looks like a winner. Great deal on a new unit.