PhoneDrone

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Dec 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Luke

Luke Active Member

This is "news" to me... and I thought I'd share.

If you happened to be one of the people who watched Shark Tank on 10-23-15, you saw a rare occasion when all 5 Sharks struck a deal with xCraft.

I ordered a PhoneDrone soon after. And a day after I placed my order, I received an email question (as all who made orders did) asking some basic info about my background and why I was interested in ordering a drone. I sent them the info (long story) and I got a personal reply back from the founder, President and CEO J.D. Claridge (interesting guy I might advise too.) He advised I was the only one he had ever heard of who started flying lessons at age 12...

The PhoneDrone was originally scheduled to be released Fall 2016 but there is a slight delay. xCraft will be releasing the PhoneDrone at CES in Las Vegas the first week of January and I was advised that I was the 43rd person to place an early order, mine should be here very soon.

Shoot, I might just buy a round trip ticket to Las Vegas and check out the PhoneDrone at CES myself and escape this wicked cold Texas weather. It was 72 degrees here today. I had to wear gloves, a face mask and a full length parka.

Tags:
    Dave and Rob likes this.
  2. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

So it incorporates your smart phone into the drone, I can just see it know, people loosing their phones with it, Hope u have success with it, let us know.

2LaneTraveler likes this.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm going to drop my old iPhone 5S into it and keep the iPhone 7 in my pocket. I doubt I'd ever be that trusting to actually but my active cell phone in it.

4. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

This is one of the reasons I got the Yuneec drone over DJI, So I don't have to use my phone which the battery wouldn't last long. Looking forward to how it works for you. When do you expect to receive it?

5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Mid January, but I will be out of the country when it arrives. Hope to try it in late February when I get back.

6. DroneClone

DroneClone In Memory of a Great Man Thom Francis-Dragonflyer

Actually, the iPad Mini 4 battery lasts longer on the DJI Controller, than my ST16 battery for my H !

7. twowingers

twowingers Member