Typhoon G Photo video button on controller not working GOPRO

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Bopat, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Bopat

Bopat New Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Male
    I Have a problem.
    I bought my Q500 for Gopro more than a year ago. Drone is working OK, (battery life could be better) but I had a problem from first day.
    The Photo Video buttons on controllers are not working. I see the picture from Gopro , so it's connected, but the 2 buttons on controller are not working.

What can be the reason?

Thanks for the answers

2. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I have the same bird, no GoPro though. If I remember though, you only get the video feed, not the controls. I haven't seen my manual or literature in a while, not real sure where to look. The gimbal on my 4k camera died, and I was looking for a replacement, which was more expensive than a whole new Q500, don't figure. Saved about $100, buying a Q500+. I would have bought a GoPro, but they were kind of spendy too. Flew a couple months, with a $35 DashCam, and USB battery bank.

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    GoPro cameras are not supported by Yuneec. You set the video before take off or photos before take off and when you land you turn off the Gopro and thats it. No functions for camera with a GoPro setup.

4. HonestHarvey

HonestHarvey New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Like the others have mentioned, you don't get controller support with the GoPro. Slight inconvenience but set it to record and snip it from the recording, that's what I usually do.

5. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

That's pretty much how I use the Yuneec cameras, start recording at launch, stop when back on the ground, clip the interesting parts, pull stills from the video. I prefer to stay focused on the flying, and never know when something interesting will come up, and usually is gone before you can start recording. Still pictures, you'll want to take many, so you can pick and choose the best later. Some things don't sit still, for you to snap photos, other times, it's not something you can go back, and try again later. Video the whole flight, and you have the best chance of catching something good. My flights aren't usually goal oriented, like property survey, roof inspections, and such. Memory cards aren't that expensive. I use a 64 gig card, but haven't filled half in a day of flying. 32 gig should be fine, and usually under $20 for class 10.

6. HonestHarvey

HonestHarvey New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Exactly my methodology. The GoPro's are "good enough" at being able to handle fast moving objects depending on the type of GoPro you have. Videoing the entire process is usually best as you never know when something interesting happens!