Pix4Dcapture?

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by James McLees, Jun 30, 2018.

1. James McLees

James McLees New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Male
    Hi all. Looking for a good platform for real estate photography with the ability to do some mapping. I know that the H520 has Pix4D support but I don't want to lose features like "orbit me" "point of interest" and RealSense collision avoidance just to have a drone that I can do some photogrammetry with. After researching which mapping software to go with, I'm pretty set on Pix4D although having not bought it yet, I can't ask about it on their forum.

Does anyone know if there are plans for Pix4D to support the H Plus? If they are willing, would Yuneec disallow it due to it potentially hurting sales of the 520?

I really don't want a Phantom 4 for a number of reasons but right now it looks like the only platform circa $2K that fits.

2. E_Bro

E_Bro New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I do not know if there are plans for Pix4D to support the H Plus. This is pure conjecture, but I think Pix4D could easily make this happen IF Yuneec were inclined to let them/facilitate them. I had heard about an sdk being released for Yuneec products but I don't know which specific model that was for.

Again this is just what I think. But I don't think Yuneec is necessarily worried about sales of one of their models versus another of their own. My thought is that Yuneec generally keeps their source code closed for safety.

I hear what you are saying on the Phantom. I've flown my Chroma, a "DIY" multicopter with both the APM 2.6 and a Pixhawk and a Phantom 3 Pro. The Chroma and Phantom are both pleasures to fly. I really like the Yuneec controllers with the screen built in. However, I believe the simplest system and cheapest with all the features and capabilities you are interested in really is a Phantom 4.

craigosborn1 likes this.
  3. PatR

PatR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Retired sUAS professional
    Central California
    #3 PatR, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    PIX4D supports the 520.