Pixhawk?

Discussion in 'H920 Hexacopter' started by nomad33fw, Apr 3, 2016.

1. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

I am in the middle of putting together a parts list to build my own aircraft. I was thinking about using the PixHawk be noticed on their website the the ST24 is listed as a compatible controller. Does the H920 use the Pixhawk controller?

Tags:
  2. Colin

Colin Active Member

No. It's sheer coincidence that two different companies have a product designated "st24".

3. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

No it's not coincidence the Pixhawk site actually has a link to Yuneec and the H920. Do you have s 920?

4. Cop

CopterBoy New Member

Yep the pixha can talk with the ST24 controller. I spotted the link detailing the cable required (easily made).
    Good luck with the pixhawk built; you are a patient man. I built and flew 2 pixhawk birds, both h920 sized hexacopters. The pixhawk is a very capable platform, but it always needs work....every new sensor you add, or battery you have to calibrate the voltage meter for, or gimbal setting (I used Alexmos), and every job had me bringing a tonne of spares, just incase. But I have to admit, so long as you build a good frame, and put the time in to set up all the external sensors (optiflow, sonar, etc) it does perform well....I guess I just got lazy and wanted a turnkey setup for professional use.
    But my hat's off to you, post pics if you have em? Especially with the ST24.

5. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member