PLEASE HELP!!! TYPHOON H QUIT MID FLIGHT AND CRASHED

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Reid Manning, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Reid Manning

Reid Manning New Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    While flying my Typhoon H today, It just fell from the sky from about 200 ft. No warnings or anything..
    Happened about 3 minutes into the flight. Full battery ect....
    Anyone else had this happen?

2. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

My Q500 crashed in a similar manner, seems like a bad battery connection. One post was pushed out the back of the battery cage. Not sure if it broke, or melted, as I haven't opened up to look closer yet. Been flying the Q500+, and haven't had time or enthusiasm to do the repair work. Need to replace a lot of stuff, but there is no replacement part for the battery connection, and haven't really come up with a solution.

Jas likes this.
  3. Manfredo52

Manfredo52 New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Kisdorf, Germany
    can you download the flight log from the ST16 ? Could help and check same. Otherwise, did you hear a click when you push the batt.pack into the drone ? In most cases, the battery was not securely pushed into it and "clicked".

4. PatR

PatR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Retired sUAS professional
    Central California
    This has happened with some others where failure to properly secure the battery has been eliminated as a possible cause. Call Yuneec CS and start a repair request.

5. Dallas_Auth-SVC

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    RDM Drones -Yuneec Authorized Service
    Dallas, Texas (Plano)
    Please post the flight logs, or better yet send them to Yuneec and ask them to decode what happened.

6. PatR

PatR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Retired sUAS professional
    Central California
    Another forum had a discussion where the throttle channel had been mixed with the yaw or another channel which appears to have caused one or more H's see the throttle signal reduce to motor cut off or near cut off levels, allowing the H to drop from altitude. A couple of people had been reviewing their flight logs over the course of numerous flights and observed this condition The usual cause of an H falling from the sky is still failure to fully seat the battery but the those that have modified their flight control functions and inadvertently mixed throttle with another control function channel need to power their systems up, check the hardware monitor/channel settings, and verify that only the throttle is linked to J1.

I'm providing a link to another forum that has a thread devoted to this topic: https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/in-flight-failure.9693/

Jas likes this.
  7. RetAirForce

RetAirForce New Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Male
    The exact thing happen to me. Flew it one day with no problems, then the next day it drop out of the sky with complete power loss. Returned it and now am waiting for a response from Yuneec. It was just the second flight.