Q500 4K Not descending on command WTF?

Discussion in 'Help' started by SoCalTyphoon, Dec 27, 2016.

1. SoC

SoCalTyphoon New Member

I've noticed lately that my Q500 is SUPER slow (does not want to land when given the command via ST10) to respond to commands when in flight mostly descending and ascending. In addition the ST10 controller is making a loud noise (sounds like a fan) during prolonged operation. The main problem I am having is after the most recent updates (drone + controller) the DRONE is now LETHARGIC. It's already a SLOW ASS drone AS IS. What is Yuneec going to do about this? I'm planning to defect to DJI very soon.

Main Problem: Drone does not respond to commands in flight (descend) during Angle mode at only 200 - 300 ft I have to wait several minutes before the drone starts to descend. I have to switch back to smart mode to get the drone to respond to land command. WTF?

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Maybe others can help with your issues. Did you try calling Yuneec? Maybe the hobby shop you bought it from can help. Why did you update the firmware. If it works good don't update. Try stagility mode, that will give you way more speed. Please remember that these birds are designed to be a camera platform and in that regard they are decent. Serious videographers aren't really concerned about speed. I'm sure you'll get some help here. Good luck. Oh, in case you haven't noticed, DJI has their share of issues also.

3. jwanglund

jwanglund Member

One thing you didn't mention was if you are in turtle or rabbit mode while performing these actions? I know it is basic but just checking.

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Turtle or rabbit mode should have nothing to do with the time it takes for the bird to react to stick input.