Q500 Cases/Bags/Protective

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by midego, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Michael Blue

Michael Blue New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  2. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

nice looking backpack

3. XIB

XIBALBA Member

Can you measure just the foam length/width/height please? I want to see if it will fit in the husky case. With the top piece of foam on and without.

4. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

How's the foam? High quality? If so might be worth the $55 just for that

5. BigAnthony

BigAnthony Member

I explored this route and found that the backpack foam is much larger than the camera vault foam so it did not work for me.

6. Michael Blue

Michael Blue New Member

Yeah, my understanding is that the Camera Vault foam is exactly the size of the factory box foam. This foam is definitely a bit larger. It is pretty high quality though, definitely worth the price of admission. I'm considering making a pouch for 2 sets of props to slip into the top inner pocket since there is no real prop solution in this bag.

7. Dan

Daniel O New Member

20160309_143150.jpg amalfi-coast-11.jpg I've just brought home, the Husky case, from Home Depot. Thank goodness my Smart car can JUST accommodate it! For more portable travel, I'm awaiting the arrival of my Cabin Max. With any luck, I can find a way to place that in the Husky box for international travel, and then use the backpack when "out for the day". Can't wait to get vids from the Amalfi Coast!!

8. BigAnthony

BigAnthony Member

It's slightly bigger than original styrofoam and it fits very tight in the original box.

9. Wan

WanderingDrone New Member

Hello everyone. I just got my q500 4k 2 weeks ago and love it. Something I was a little confused about when I got it. The nice hard case I got has a set of wheels and a handle on it. Every review I've found, even one from about 1 month ago, still has the old style case with no wheels. Is this a super new addition, or did I just get super lucky?

10. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

wanderingdrone post some pictures

11. Wan

The long handle will lay flush, I just left it up to show. 20160317_121342.jpg 20160317_121347.jpg 20160317_121359.jpg 20160317_121404.jpg

12. gwarby

gwarby Member

Like it, very handy no more lugging about. Can you buy the handles & wheels any where if so where.

13. Wan

I wish I knew. Everywhere I look, its the old style case with no wheels. This is the only one I've seen with the wheels. I'm not sure how I ended up with it.

EDIT: I just did a google image search. I can't find a single case picture that has factory wheels on it. Anyone else have some insight?

14. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

nice haven't seen that one before. gwarby you can buy the handles at Carolina dronz.to add to yours[​IMG]

15. gwarby

gwarby Member

Thanks any idea of price ?

16. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

17. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm putting the finishing touches on a very stout case I modified for my Q500. I'll be making a video and will post later but this photo shows the top of my case with some stickers I made.

The case is all aluminum (surplus military that once was used to ship instruments into war zones) and I bought 10 of these a few years ago.

I took one and had it sand blasted and then powder coated in white (it was originally olive-drab) and the white will help keep the lithium batteries cooler as it sits in the back of my pickup on warm days here in Texas.

I removed the old foam cushions that were adhered to the insides for the original military stuff and then I fabricated my won form-fitting cellular cushioning and my Q500 fits inside with the controller, charger and a King KX99 radio (I used to keep in my airplane as a back-up communications device).

Sorry for the rush, but I'm happy how my case turned out and I'll post some more information and a video later.

As you can see, I also made a sticker having my FAA certification number and contact info. I applied one of these stickers to the exterior of my Q500 as well as several on the outside of my case. I had some other stickers laying around and for "comic relief" applied these to my case just to make conversation.

Attached Files:

18. Loc

Lock2Fargo New Member

19. kbscubadiver

kbscubadiver New Member

I just purchased a Yuneec Typhoon G and I am wondering if anyone has found somewhere that sells precut foam for the Pelican 1650 case. I got a killer deal on the case from via Amazon Warehouse.

20. XIB

XIBALBA Member

New developments for me. The Typhoon G doesn't fit in the Banggood backpack with the gimbal attached. Also, the Banggood bag (which is the same one CarolinaDronz sells) scratches the ST10+ screen. It's done it to both of my screens. No bueno.

The foam is larger than the Yuneec foam so it will not fit into the Husky case without modifications either.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016