Q500 Cases/Bags/Protective

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by midego, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Q-Vision

Q-Vision New Member

Hi Nomad,
    I like your setup - i intend to use mine on bike trips as well.
    I've got 4 batteries, and I don't intend to take the charger, so that will fit from what I see in your pics.
    Do you think there's any extra room or pockets for the itelite DBS antennae and the folding viewing hood in the bag? I also have a small logbook that I'd like to carry aswell.

Debating to either get this backpack or the Banggood one.
    Let me know. Thanks.

2. droner

droner Active Member

What is the number or size of this box so I can pick one up at Home Depot?

3. Rydfree

Rydfree New Member

4. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Active Member

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.
  5. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx Active Member

Great price for a rolling hard case!

6. droner

droner Active Member

7. XIB

XIBALBA Member

The banggood one is nice but big. Real big. Bigger than the stock case. If I where biking or hiking I would get the yuneec one. Also the banggood case scratched my ST10+ screen...

8. Fez

Fezzik Member

9. fb5

fb5b New Member

Don't bother with banggood, ordered a bag 2 weeks ago, paid for EMS freight, tracking still doesn't work, what a joke, Paypal claim time

10. Fez

Fezzik Member

What was the estimated shipping time? You can get a refund from Banggood if it doesn't arrive in time.

11. Wan

WanderingDrone New Member

I've ordered from banggood before without issue. Well, other than cheap chinese junk issue.

12. gro

grog71 New Member

Hey guys. If anyone is looking and might have a Microcenter near them some of them have the yuneec case for 39.99. Mine near me said they had 3 but they are no where to be found. Just thought I would pass on the deal.

13. yun

yuneec New Member

14. Saint

Saint New Member

Since ordering my "G", I've agonized and researched cases...to death. In the end, two factors led me to this case for just the the ST-10+, batteries, etc... http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-waterproof-tool-box-large-0581545p.html#srp

Factor 1. I want to keep my props on; giving very few options, all of them being larger than I'd like.
    Factor 2. I wanted the official Yuneec prop guards; which would stay on so as not to wear the screw holes.

There's no custom case that exists for this combination and no home-brewed solution that wouldn't be unmanagably large. Fortunately, I have a hatchback with folding seats that can easily accommodate the "G" with the guards; and there's certainly no lack of hand-holds on the airframe to carry it easily from house to car to lauch-site and back again.

In summary, with bird in hand and my junk in a wicked/relatively-small case, I'm getting stoked for my "G" (and the many related-accessories orders) to arrive. It'll like be a few weeks before I can show off some pics highlighting CF-18 decals, accessory LED's, and custom helipad. Stay tuned!

15. bal

balikpinoy New Member

16. Q-Vision

Q-Vision New Member

That's going to be way too small and not fit. It's only 13x8x9. The Q is about 17x17x8".
    I've ended up with 3 different cases so far.
    I have the monster GPC case if I'm lugging it around in the car and don't plan on carrying it. It's heavy duty, but secure and protective. Holds a ton of gear with the Q.
    I use the Banggood soft case if I plan to trek short distances since it's much lighter, but it's also bulky. Good thing is it's fully enclosed.
    For hiking, motorcycling or cycling, I've been using the Yuneec Backpack most of the time since it's smaller and easy to manage on the back. Not as fully enclosed but good it you want to be mobile. Holds 4 batteries, 2 sets of props, extra long range antennas, sun shade and some other bits and pieces.

17. Mar

Marilyn New Member

20170502_175855.jpg So I have a question for you advanced knowledge droners! :) Ok - I bought the Husky case, but when I went out to an state/city park pennisula/island area to check out the area for video, I realized there was no way I could lug that huge case through the trails and underbrush to get to the takeoff area. So I then bought that backpack from Fry's Electronics (wonder of wonders - they had it in stock).

I. LOVE. THE. BACKPACK!

I have taken the drone on road trips in the backpack, and also just out an about the city.

Now my question is this:

Do you all think that the backpack can be CARRIED ON at the airport as a "carry on" to fit in overhead storage. I want to take it on a trip to California, but I dont want check it with checked baggage or send it in the mail prior to going. :(

18. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

U will have to keep the drone on your lap or under your legs. I have flown with my drone/backpack with all my batteries without any problems. I don't believe it will fit either but I wouldn't put it up there anyway, to easy to get damaged by other passengers or turbulence.

19. Den

Dennis A New Member

Regarding the Husky 35" case posted a few times earlier...
    SKU 22167

I liked the idea of not having to remove and replace the propellers every time. They are now $59 at HD. Picked one up this morning. Took all of 15-20 minutes to carve out the styrofoam as need to fit the propellers being in place. I did not carve deeper holes for the centers of the props. That makes for an extra quarter inch or so of pressure on the foam by the Husky case.

20. whatsinaname

whatsinaname New Member

Anyone know of a foam insert or universal foam inserts I can use in my aluminum yuneec case that will work with the rakon heli frame?