Q500 4K Q5004K battery choices

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by 914pete, Mar 3, 2020.

1. 914pete

914pete New Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Male
    Just starting to fly again. I have two Q5004k's. After my original Yuneec batteries crapped out I bought the GiFi brand batteries on Ebay. I really never got more then 12 minutes of flight time out of the two I bought and they started to swell after only 5-6 flights. One was so fat I couldn't even get it in the Q500 battery tray anymore. I mounted the 3D printed external battery tray you can get on Ebay on the other one so I could try aftermarket standard lipos. MUCH less expensive. Unfortunately, I haven't found one that lasts more then maybe 6-8 minutes of flight time. I was able to easily cut open the original Yuneec battery cases and remove the dead batteries. I was thinking I could find an after market Lipo to fit in the case and solder/glue the cables in place but I have yet to find a battery that fits in the plastic case. Has anyone else been successful doing that? The Yuneec batteries are way over priced. I would buy GiFi again if they offered good flight times and lasted more then a half dozen flights.

2. George Craig

George Craig New Member

May 20, 2019
    Male
    I use the Gifi Power 6400mah 11.1v batteries and get 15+ minutes out of them. The cool temperatures have alot to do with flight time on the YT Q500 4k Drone.

3. joeblack

joeblack New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    I bought the GiFi batteries new and get 20mins each , I cant fault them .