Q500 4K Q5004k NFZ

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Cen_giz1907, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Cen_giz1907

Cen_giz1907 New Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Hi I’m new on this yuneec site. I bought new drone 5 days ago, I can’t flight because im living 4 miles away from airport. I called yuneec London today i ask can you unlocked my drone, (NFZ) he send me email some questions, and he said he will ask his manager, maybe we can unlocked.. Questions is; really they can unlock or just taking time? Thank you

2. Steve Kristiansen

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
  3. Cen_giz1907

Cen_giz1907 New Member

Dec 31, 2017
    #3 Cen_giz1907, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    I just received email from yuneec;

Can I do my self remove NFZ or refund and buying different brand.

Please help me. Thanks

Hi Cengiz,

Thanks for your email.

After reviewing your NFZ removal request, My manager has informed me that due to increasing government scrutiny and fast moving CAA legislation, we are unable to provide NFZ removal for recreational customers.

All of our drones arrive pre-installed with NFZ (No-fly zone) software built into the craft. We work closely with the CAA to ensure safety both for the drone operator and for the general public, and part of our safety procedure is to install an NFZ radius from any airport. Although it is not technically against the law, we try to ensure our drones abide by CAA regulations as public safety is our top priority.

For our NFZ database, we base our NFZ's on the "Recreational" database. Please access https://app.airmap.io/, and input the address you would like to fly in to ensure it is not in a NFZ. The light yellow areas which aren't able to be toggled are Aerial Recreational areas where you will be able to fly. To check if the area is an Aerial Recreational Area simply click on the spot.

The Airmap NFZ radius displays only a rough estimate of the actual NFZ radius, and is meant to be used as a general guide to NFZ areas within the UK.

If you are experiencing issues loading the Airmap website, please try using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer to access the website.

Currently we have been advised to remove NFZ restrictions only for licensed and insured commercial UAV pilots. On our UAV systems we employ a 6-8 Mile NFZ radius (depending on the size of the airport), and we are unable to remove this restriction for non-commercial customers. For recreational customers, we recommend checking the Airmap website to locate an area clear of any NFZs for recreational flying.

On our Yuneec.uk website we have clear warnings on our product pages informing potential customers of our NFZ systems, and we inform all our re-sellers of the NFZ restrictions on our UAVs, and it is the re-seller's responsibility to inform their customers of the NFZ systems. Unfortunately we are unable to remove NFZ restrictions for non-commercial customers who do not possess PFAW, drone insurance and BNUC/NQE. We advise our recreational flyers to locate an acceptable recreational flying area via the Airmap website.

As you may be aware, the government has recently introduced new guidelines for drone use, which includes Drone registration, Drone-flying training courses, more stringent rules regarding NFZs and increased penalties for not abiding to the new legislation. More information on the new legislation can be found here - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...o-sit-safety-tests-under-new-government-rules

Due to the fast moving legislation regarding drones, we at Yuneec UK have taken the necessary steps to protect our brand and our customers from breaking the law and being penalised. This includes preventing drone flight within a certain radius of airports by employing NFZ areas. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes, as I understand you are being inhibited from flying at your place of residence. I hope that you understand the team at Yuneec UK prioritises public safety and customer safety, and we employ the use of NFZs for this reason. As stated previously, we recommend using the Airmap website to locate a suitable location near yourself to fly your drone recreationally.

If there’s anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Omid

4. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    The NFZ removed software is on the web, just do some digging.

If you go to anyone else other then Solo, you will still be dicked by these nanny state know better then you companies.

Other option, build your own from scratch and have a better product from the get go