Q5004k -vs- Typhoon H and the Camera Differences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wingshooter, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    Does anybody know or have experience enough to list the differences between the two camera's from the Q5004k and the Typhoon H?

Specifically the settings that can be manipulated during flight like ISO etc...... Are the video's better?

Also are the actual pictures / video that noticeably better in the Typhoon H that would warrant an upgrade purchase of the Typhoon H when you currently own a Q500?

Looking to add a second bird to my arsenal and considering the Typhoon H but also looking at other options like Autel and DJI Phantom 3 Professional.

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Here is my thoughts on being on the fence on which UAV I should buy.
    I'm of the belief that every product has it's market and that the XSP's market is a little different than the DJI or Yuneec's market. The XSP is definitely not a Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 Pro, it also doesn't cost as much. For a first generation product that is just a year old it is a great drone. Every manufacturer has their issues, DJI is full of issues...possibly more than Autel. The Spark is a toy, plain and simple, it doesn't make hobbyist class in my opinion and I don't think it was made to compete there either. Autel WAS little too ambitious, also my opinion, and tried to sweep the market too quickly...focused on a huge sales team before they got priority 1 under control...FIRMWARE and STABILITY of the platform. Lesson learned? They wanted to chase and catch the 800lb gorilla with a single product, also overly ambitious. With their focus now they will surely gain market share, their price point is hard to beat. They do need a second product though, or at least the modules promised (FLIR, etc) and they need obstacle avoidance to keep pace.
    Camera is second to none at that price range.

3. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    The Q5004k's CGO3 Camera allows for manual control of the ISO, Shutter Speed and W/B. What settings can be manual controlled on the Autel XSP?

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

In auto mode you have control over EV settings. In manual mode you have control over ISO (100-6400) and you can change the shutter from 8,6,5,4,3.2,3,2.5,2,1.6,1.3,1 sec for long exposures and up to 8000 shutter speed.

5. Rubik

Rubik Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    I don't have a Q500 but 2 big differences that I know about are the low distortion lens (94-deg field of view, always level horizon) and 360-deg gimbal. I'm sure others will be able to add to this short list. Those two distinctions plus the 6-rotor design and retractable landing gear were enough for me to pass on the Q500 and buy the TH.