Raw files

Discussion in 'C-GO4' started by Stephane, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Ste

Stephane New Member

Hi, Thank you for this useful information, i ll try it, this can be "better than nothing" but you re right this is only a temporary solution, since we need to use other software to edit raw with the best results

2. Ste

Stephane New Member

UHHH, same for me, only use macs :-(

3. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

I noticed that as well ands so have queried it.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Wow Yuneec came up with that for a solution. :) Back on my post #11 you can see thats the program (FastStone Image Viewer 5.5) I used on Jan 24th. You would think a big company like Yuneec can come up with a better solution than a old fart like me. Or maybe they just stole my idea.

5. Jim

JimmyJamz New Member

Hello...I was just wondering if Yuneec ever released a solution for this issue? I just purchased an H920/CGO4 and like you I can't open .RW2 raw files on my Mac using latest Lightroom and Photoshop. I have other Lumix cameras and .RW2 usually works just fine. I'm very disappointed that this is supposed to be a "professional" system...yet a fundamental requirement for most professional photographers is not working properly. I have contacted Yuneec but no response yet. Any information you can share would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. Ste

Stephane New Member

Hello, i am still waiting for information, for now i don't have any solution to open the CG04 files in LR or Camera raw…exactly like you. (i have met a commercial from yuneec at the shop where i bought the H920, he has been comprehensive, ready to help me, and find a solution to find another gimbal, since i can use a gh4 during the time, and im waiting for more news…) as soon i have some i will post here…

7. Jagerbomb52

Thanks for posting Stephane. It is unreal how Yuneec is dealing with this. If I spent the amount of money you guys did on that camera I would expect a resolution real fast.

8. Ste

Stephane New Member

i totally agree with you jagerbomb, that's why if there is no solution to open the file just like files from a gh4 in any raw editor, i will probably have to give back the H920 & cg04 and take my money back, i have deal this with the shop, but this is a sad thing for me, since the integrated solution was exactly what i needed…

9. Ste

Stephane New Member

Hello, for information The détails about The latest update Of lightroom cc are saying that The yuneec cg04 is now supported, it is clearly in The List of The New supported cameras ( unfortunately i have not Been able to test it for now but i Will Check this asap)

10. billyghawaii

billyghawaii Member

What did the specs for the cgo4 say the file formats would be? Always best to find out what's needed in terms of software and cpu power before purchasing a new camera.

Now if the specs for the camera is not saying the formats for the video it produces then that is an issue to concerned of.

Sometimes rushing to get the last in technology will expose you to some growing pains. It comes with the territory.

Try this link and find some solutions for you
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how...e=UTF-8#hl=en-US&q=how+to+process+Raw+2+video

11. Ste

Stephane New Member

hi all, i tested the last update of lightroom CC this morning, and i can confirm the RW2 files from the CG04 are now officially recognize by adobe, i have been able to open them in lightroom CC, this is working perfectly. I didn'tt have to update anything on the CG04, i opened the files i sent at the beginning of this thread, just by opening them in the last version of lightroom CC. thank you all, and a special thanks to the Yuneec technicians that solve the issue.

buzzy, Volanti and billyghawaii like this.
  12. buzzy

buzzy New Member

Awesome! Just need a histogram and a channel settings guide.

13. Doc52p

Doc52p Member

Im guessing here but you all know Lightroom and PS work with those RAW files ... at least they do now ... and have done so for a while. THe GH4 Raw files have been read by Lightroom from at least Nov 2014

14. Jagerbomb52

Raw files from the CGO4 could not be read from any adobe product at the time Stephane made his post which was back in Jan. 2016. Thanks to him bringing his concerns to Yuneec they worked with Adobe and you now have the ability to view RAW photos in Lightroom and PS.
    The RAW files from the GH4 are not the same as the CGO4 files.

15. Doc52p

Doc52p Member

Ahh I see ... indeed.
    Very grateful for thecwork done.
    Lucky mine came along two months ago and was working straight up.
    Was just reading it as GH4 files.
    Cheers.

16. hen

henri2398 New Member

Well, you can convert your CG04 Camera RAW RW2 videos to various video file formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, DAT, 3GP, MKV, FLV, WMV, ASF, etc. But for this you will need the help of professional Camera Video Converter Tool. It will help you to convert any camera video to popular video file format and then you can import them into any video editing software.

So, use camera converter and enjoy video editing!!!

17. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Well, here I am a year later and I have tried all the suggestions including the faststone viewer and I have yet to see much more than a herkey jerky version of video from the "Youtube" editor that took an hour to load. Any updates? Can I change the raw video type in the ST10+ controler?