C-GO3 recording and/or streaming directly to iPhone

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Mario Rodriguez, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Mar

Mario Rodriguez New Member

I was wondering if there is a way to record audio and video directly to iPhone 6 from the steady grip and maybe even from the Q500 4k. and then stream it out from the phone

Facebook Live comes to mind.

Also an app that allows audio to be recorded from an external mic into the phone while recording video from the CGO3 4K or better yet one that while running the CGO app can capture audio from an external mic and have it record on the CGO to the SD card. I know, I'm asking for too much, but, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Tags:
  2. Mar

looks like I keep answering my own questions. I have discovered that within the CGO app I can record audio directly to the phone but find there is no way to export it, unless I guess I actually play it back and re record it via analogue to the computer. I spoke to customer support today and first they said it couldn't be exported, which makes no sense to me, why have the function, then the guy tells me that the head tech will be in on Monday as he doesn't come in Saturdays and that they will refer the question to him. I was surprised that there was customer support of any kind on a Saturday, so waiting until Monday is OK, I will post my results in case anyone is interested.

skwty likes this.
  3. skwty

skwty Member

I'd like to know how this goes.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

Audio is drowned out by the sound of the fan that runs inside the CGO3 camera so it makes audio useless.

5. Mar

Jager, the audio recorded on to the iPhone is not affected by the camera fan it is from the iPhone mic or an external mic i.e.: levalier or shotgun. I'm talking about using it on the steady grip not on the bird. Surprisingly the audio recorded by the CGO3 4k on the steady cam was not even that bad, I used it inside a car and outdoors and in both cases the ambient noise was more offensive than the fan, in fact I used a couple of clips with the audio from the CGO3 4k

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

Wow never heard anyone say the fan noise was not all that bad before LOL
    Hope you find what your looking for.

7. Sti

Stitch-Up New Member

This is an interesting subject for me and I'll be following the comments :)