Removed the gimbal board and now the camera wont stabilize

Discussion in 'Help' started by iiapoxii, Sep 8, 2021.

1. iiapoxii

iiapoxii New Member

Sep 7, 2021
    Backstory: I had an old CGo3 that has the 3 contact pads that I wanted to install so I dont have to use the cable anymore. I removed the old gimbal board making sure to mark what went where. When I put everything back in, the camera would come on and show a picture, but wont gimbalize. I put the original board back in and I have the same issue. Video for reference

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I understand you marked the connectors. But I still think the first step would be to trace wires to ensure you actually got everything back in the correct places. This drawing may help:

Attached Files:

3. iiapoxii

iiapoxii New Member

Sep 7, 2021
    Ok so I used that image and verified each connection. I did find a few that were not right and I have now double checked and triple checked each sensor and motor wire are in the right spots. Unfortunately, the issue persists.. Is there a way to hook this gimbal board to the computer and perform a check? Maybe one of the wires is damaged?

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Yuneec never released firmware for calibrating any of the cameras. As far as I know, that would be the only way via computer to check. But the camera does have "beep" codes that tell us when one of the sensors or motors is preventing an initialization.
    However, that does not appear to be the case this time. Your video in the first post is not sounding any trouble codes, and it shows the gimbal board is actually initializing. But it is unable to function normally. The appearance (in the first video) is that the roll and pitch functions were connected to the wrong connectors. I can't tell if the problem was related to the motors, to the encoders, or even if the motor/encoder connectors were swapped. A new video done after you redid the wires might help. But given the normal interactions between the functions, a video review is seldom reliable. A new video would still be the best chance at the moment. If the camera is now sounding any codes, that would be a very good clue.

Have you tried the other gimbal board again to ensure the currently installed board is actually the original? I know (the hard way) it's sometimes easy to get them mixed up on the bench.

5. iiapoxii

iiapoxii New Member

Sep 7, 2021
    Do you have any more advice? I installed the other board just in case I got them mixed up and verified again using that image. The camera now bounces up and down but wont stabilize. Ill post a new video soon.

6. iiapoxii

iiapoxii New Member

Sep 7, 2021
  7. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The best bet would be to send it for repair/calibration. The second video with the "crazy dance" looks like a normal condition that new boards go through before they are calibrated to the camera. You can contact Vertigo Drones by clicking on their Icon on the right of your screen. If Vertigo can't help, let me know.