Removing the Restrictions ;)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flying4401, Jun 9, 2018.

1. flying4401

flying4401 New Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Male
    Hey all,

Has anyone removed the altitude restriction on their drone? Of course you will have to fly responsibly but I am planning to fly over a lake in the next few days and would love to get some high shots of the shore and city skyline (in the far distance).

Any idea on how to do this?

Cheers!

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
  3. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Well at 400 feet you get some pretty spectacular pictures, of those things, any higher and everything is so small you can't make it out anyways ....I alway figured, if I wanted to get higher pictures, I would go to Google Earth and get satellite pictures....

gnomad likes this.
  4. Jonathan Enssle

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    Student
    Boulder Colorado
    I removed all altitude restrictions from my quad, I just keep an eye on the altitude. I have gotten some nice shots from 600+ feet. No need to mention avoiding manned aircraft, everyone should know that.

gnomad likes this.
  5. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    #5 gnomad, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Removed mine also, just remember you climb faster then you descend unless your battery dies, lol plan accordingly and verify the airspace you are flying from actual FAA sectionals, not the worthless out of date programs like B4UFly, which shows decades out of date info for my area