repetitive beep, sound alarm

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Helio, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Helio

Helio New Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Hi, I'm new to drones. I bought a used Chroma Blade drone. I have a repetitive beep from the moment I turn on the drone, something like this: (piii piii pi pi pi ...) and this pattern repeats indefinitely. It is not GPS or calibration, does anyone know the exact reason?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Are sure the sound is not coming from the camera/gimbal? Your description sounds like a Yaw encoder error. If that is true, the camera will not stabilize and hold it's straight forward position.

I the sound is coming from the drone itself, I would recommend connecting the Chroma to the GUI and reviewing the "Sensor Information" page to see what is creating the issue.

Helio likes this.
  3. Helio

Helio New Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Thank you very much friend, I will take your suggestion into account and review.

4. Helio

Helio New Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Hello again friend. I took your suggestion and the sound is definitely coming from the gimbal. The camera does take photos and videos but you cannot control the movement. That damage can be repaired?

5. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    It can be repaired, but how easy it is depends on which camera you have. If you have a CG02 or CG02+, it will require sending to a service center for calibration.

If you have a CGo3, things are within the realm of many hobbyists, but not exactly easy.
    Remove the dampers, the top mount, and the black box covering the gimbal board.
    Check the plugs on the gimbal board.
    Remove the gimbal board. (Be sure to mark the plugs for easy reconnection.)
    The Yaw encoder is the small black circuit board under the gimbal board. It has short wires attaching it to the gimbal board. The wires have some black sealant at the point of connection to the small board. Make sure all wires are connected under the sealant.
    Remove the Yaw encoder board. There is a small ring magnet under the board. Look for any chrome flakes, weak magnetism, or any type debris around the magnet.
    You may need to replace the Yaw Encoder or the magnet.

If your camera is a CGo3 and you want to send it for repair, I would recommend Yuneec CGO3 Camera Repair Estimate Service (yuneecskins.com). I believe they will ship outside the US, but you will need to contact them.

Yuneec Skins can do some repairs on CGo2 or CGo2+ cameras, but I'm not sure if they can deal that same error code when on these cameras.

6. Helio

Helio New Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Thanks again friend. It has been a great help to solve the mysterious sound hehe. I have a CGo2+. I will seek technical service here in Ecuador. Greetings.

7. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    There is a "trick" that sometimes works for the CGo2+.
    Tilt the drone backwards so it is resting on the rear motors and the back of the landing gear. Hold the camera so it is lined up in it's normal position, and turn on the drone.
    That sometimes works. Sometimes you have to find the "magic" angle that works for your camera, sometimes it does not work at all. But it's worth a try to see if you can get the camera to work until you find someone that can help.

Helio likes this.
  8. Helio

Helio New Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Thanks friend, that trick worked perfectly. The gimbal now works better.
    I appreciate your experience and help. My respects. I just hope it is a lasting solution.
    Greetings from Ecuador.