Riding E-GO2 when battery runs out ?

Discussion in 'E-GO Skateboard' started by dxer, Mar 9, 2017.

1. dxer

dxer Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Croatia, ZG
    Hi to all

Is it possible to ride E-GO2 agter battery runs out, just like any other skateboard ?

2. marcocanella

marcocanella New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Yes is possible and very easy

3. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    That isn't exactly accurate. I've had my battery die on me and had to push home. Good thing I wasn't far because it was a bear. It's definitely doable but it's like riding a non-powered board with rusted out bearings and it sucks. You have to constantly push and if you stop pushing, you will roll to a stop within 10'.

EDIT: I just realised this is for an E-Go 2, not the original. Not sure if there is any difference or not but mine is a first gen original.

unlocktender likes this.
  4. NulodPBall

NulodPBall New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    I've done it a few times with the older cruiser.

Yes, you are pushing against the motor but my issue is that bending my knee to push is a long distance but once I get the rhythm it's not bad, for only rolling 10 feet.

If you start getting the buzzes, it's alot better to start kicking, to help out the motor...and walk uphill.

I bring a 1" strap that I cut off a tiedown and when I run out of juice, or have a long uphill on a long ride. I put my backpack on the board and pull it uphill with the brakes on slightly to keep the board behind me and generate a tiny bit more power.

5. Socaltrader

Socaltrader New Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    on flats if your not to far from home I say your good. if not call an uber.

6. wackypack

wackypack New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Male
    i do it but ONLY with the power turned off because even if theres not enough juice to run the board leaving it "on" exposes it to electronic problems when regenerative juice comes spiking in and out repetitively while being pushed by leg power - i dont know any of this for a fact, i do know though when i let the board roll backwards for 10 feet while powered up it fried my CPU immediately.