Q500+ RTH Causes slight wobble?

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Ouimont, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ouimont

Ouimont New Member

Nov 6, 2018
    So my Q500 RTH usually works pretty well. But recently whenever I use it my drone, for a split second wobbles in mid air like it has lost control, before it decide to return to normal RTH Behavior.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

2. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel New Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    My Q500 does the opposite. When it's way out I use RTH and when it gets overhead I'll switch it back to Angle mode. That's when it twitches for a second but, settles right back down to stable flight. Never could figure out why. Might just be the nature of the beast.

3. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I don't use the RTH a whole lot, mostly when I'm far out, and temporarily lose site, or battery is getting low, and time to end the flight anyway. I try to be back on the ground, before the first warning. I switch back to pilot, and land manually. I think RTH switches to the faster speed, regardless of what you have the selector set at,. I mostly fly in the slowest setting, video the whole flight. Abrupt change in speed can cause a little wobble, but we typically don't do that with the stick. The mode switch to RTH is abrupt, and would guess the firmware doesn't care, since it's not harmful, much. RTH is sort of an emergency feature, I suppose, as well as convenience. Think the idea is to get it home, and land, as quickly as possible, either to change batteries, or deal with what ever the emergency.

4. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Any abrupt change in direction and speed will make it wobble a little as the air cushion under it , catches up, then it smooths out...You will notice that if it is coming straight down it will wobble a little as it gets caught in its own prop wash, always come down at an angle to avoid that...RTH unusually comes straight down when it gets to the landing spot, so it is going to wobble unless you take control and land it... ....The first time I tried the RTH mode......I got so fascinated in watching the drone flying by itself that I forgot to look where it was landing, my neighbor had just planted some small 4 foot high trees, and sure enough, it landed right square on top of one of them...my fault the ,one and only crash I have ever had with mt Q500 4K..........

5. Ouimont

Ouimont New Member

Nov 6, 2018
    So I guess it's just normal behavior then. Thank god, Thought there was something wrong with my device.