Q500 4K Schematics?

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Kmiftari, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Kmiftari

Kmiftari New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Male
    Hi guys

I crashed my q500 a while ago and lost the camera.

I'm planning to swap all the components to a new body and also wanting to make a diy gimbal.
    All of this because I am really interested in how these things work and this would give me a chance to learn a bit more.

Before any of my projects ai want to try and study as much as I can, but I can't seem to find any schematics about the q500

Is there any way I could find these and also please post any info you guys have.. Every little thing helps

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    Don't think you will find actual schematics as Yuneec is not in the habit of giving such information out but Brad, the fellow in this video was a tech for Yuneec until he ventured off on his own to follow his dreams has a very good video on whats inside the Q500 and how it all works. There is also a few good videos on youtube explaining the tear down and how too but everything back together.
    Good luck with your project.

3. Kmiftari

Kmiftari New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Male
    Oh wow that is actually pretty much explaining almost everything I am trying to do.

Thank you very much!

4. Kmiftari

Kmiftari New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Male
    So already ran into my first problem :)

Is there a way to use other than the listed cameras with st10?

Attached Files:

5. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

GOPRO means not really the GoPro camera but the Yuneec video transmitter MK58. To this transmitter you can connect all cameras that have an video output over micro USB like GoPro has. The ST10 will not recognize the camera really but the transmitter.

Please keep in mind, control of the camera (start/stop video, take picture, settings) is only possible with Yuneec CGO cameras. Also the Q500G with GoPro like gimbal and MK58 video transmitter cannot control the camera itself because GoPro do not offer an interface to control the camera. Only tilt and video downstream is possible.

The external connector to gimbal has following pins:
    CGO3_Kabel2.JPG

The connector is one of those often used to connect the CD oder DVD drives with the soundcard in PCs. You can find this connectors with audio cable in old PCs. Connectors can be reused for own projects...

One problem may occur: Not each gimbal is compatible to receive tilt PWM signal from Q500. Needs to be tested if tilts..

br HE

6. Kmiftari

Kmiftari New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Male

Wow thank you! Those are the main wires I need for the gimbal project.

That will get me really far since now I can figure the rest out.

I was also planning about servo control, so the pwm pin will be really useful

7. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Rebuilding is quite an adventure, suggest you watch some Youtube videos, they just give you a little taste for what to expect. I survived, and am a more cautious pilot, and hope to never have to take on the challenge again. Instead of hex keys, the 'L' shaped, I used Torx screw drivers. Don't remember the sizes I used, been over a year. An ice cube tray, makes a great screw and small parts holder, organizer, and there are plenty of them to keep seperate. Electric screw gun, not great. The screws are tiny, the plastic a little brittle. The body I bought, came with screws, but I just reused the old ones, since I knew which ones went where. No instructions with the replacement body. The rubber shock motor mounts are instant insanity, had to take a break on that, look for some helpful hints. Forget trying to reuse the old ones, don't come out, any easier than installing the new ones, likely tear them anyway. Basically, I squeezed the tip flat, with my thumb and finger, shoved enough through, to pull on from the other side. I labeled the motors, ESCs, and wires, before removing, and put each back where they came. Make sure the motors or in the right place. After you put it all back together, you'll need to hook up the GUI cable, re-assign the ESCs, so they spin the correct way. Oh, check your motors for damage, like a rough spot, when you spin by hand, or just feels different than the others. Should replace, while you have it a part.

My 4k gimbal broke, and a replacement camera was more than I spent on the whole Q500 package. I later found a refurb for $199. In the meanwhile, I looked into gimbals, and alternatives to the CGO3. I don't have a GoPro, and no intention of spending that kind of money on an action camera. I've got the G gimbal, but couldn't get it to balance with any of the cameras I tried, wouldn't have had the video feed anyway, though I have one camera, but needed to build a cable. Didn't have the right micro USB, need something like 8 wires, least more than the usual 4. I flew with action cams, rigged up to the CGO mount, with rubber dampers. Little shaking, sometimes sort of a wavy, jello effect. Used a cheap 1080p dash cam, and it took pretty decent video, without the waves. Video wasn't horrible, for a fixed camera, but you can appreciate just how hard a gimbal works to keep the camera steady. Building your own gimbal, seemed like a time consuming adventure, results maybe not as good as you'd hoped. There are a could of 3d printer models on Thingiverse, and all about the build. Don't remember, but probably no for the Q500, but still good information, maybe adapted. I don't have a 3d printer, yet, but several places to go, to get it done these days.