C-GO3 Set image sharpness by command

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Methodus, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Active Member

Check the Hyperlink and make sure that the value=8 portion is included (underlined) That is a common problem that I have found. The link you provided should work as the value=8 is included. Just make sure when you are copying it to your browser(Safari) on your iPhone that you get that entire line.

2. Robert Gunter

Robert Gunter Member

Thanks for the additional information. Would you please write the leak again exactly as it should appear in the web browser. I did try it with the value equals eight But I did not underline it. I am not clear on what should be underlined. Thanks for your help.

3. Wingshooter

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=8

Send this to your phone. I copied and paste into an Email and sent it to my phone. Then Turn on the Camera, Link to it with your phone WiFi. Once you are connected to camera paste this link into Safari (iPhone) and it should work perfectly.

4. Robert Gunter

Robert Gunter Member

Thanks for doing this, but for some reason it still has the same message. I will keep trying. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but will have to deal with it later. Of course if Yuneec made this a simple procedure none of us would have to go through this crazy way to change the sharpness. Have a great day and thanks again.

5. Wingshooter

Okay Robert, It is hit or miss. The biggest problem I have found is with the speed that the CGO3 gets a WiFi Lock using the iPhone. It takes along time to get that lock. Sometimes I have to go back and forth within my iPhone between the CGO3 App and Settings checking to make sure the check mark is next to the CGO3 letting me know that I am WiFi connected to the camera. I agree about Yuneec putting more effort into the camera settings. I am getting more and more disappointed with the CGO3 and the things I have to go thru to get it to work right. Sometimes I wish I just had bought the GoPro version of the Typhoon. My GoPro does better than the CGO3 does.

6. Robert Gunter

Robert Gunter Member

I hear you, sir. I will just keep trying. I'm considering purchasing the new Autel X*premium.

7. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

Thank you very much! ZERO would be great for post-production :)
    BTW, maybe you know other tricks about this camera?

8. int

intelidron New Member

greetings,

thanks for these tips. i am unsure what this means when i try the GET SHARPNESS url {"rval":-1, "msg_id":"5", "param":"1"} does that mean my camera is set at 1 - the lowest sharpness? if so, no wonder my images lack detail.

so i tried the link http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=8 and http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=[8] and i always get the same message {"rval":0, "msg_id":"337"}

i guess based on the output of GET SHARPNESS neither of these links are working for me. i don't understand why yuneec makes it so complicated to adjust sharpness and why my camera comes default with the worst sharpness setting. anyway, i am not sure anybody can really help with this, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks. kevin

9. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

10. int

intelidron New Member

thanks i tried that. how do i know if it works though. what will the message say?

11. Jagerbomb52

12. Jagerbomb52

I have found this to be over rated as you can set sharpness in any good photo editing program in post

13. int

intelidron New Member

14. int

intelidron New Member

are you sure that results in the same quality as capturing sharp images to begin with by the camera sensor? i find that hard to believe but i am by no means a post production expert. if that is true it is great news. i use davinci resolve for post production i can try

15. Jagerbomb52

No I'm not sure but I have tested the different settings using the camera and to be truthful I don't see much difference to be worried about. I guess if you have a TV or monitor to see the difference it might be worth while but uploading to youtube and other sites I'm not so sure.
    I gave the information to a friend who goes to Iceland every year to film the effects of global warming and he seems to b happy with a value of 8.
    To my old eyes it makes not difference, just something play around with when I'm bored :)

16. Methodus

Methodus Member

The return value should be something different than -1. This means, that the command failed. But you can get the current sharpness anyway: use CMD=GET_STATUS instead.

If the value won't change, try to init the camera before running the commands with CMD=INDEX_PAGE. This is sometimes required after reboot of the cam.

I was able to unpack and decode the CGO3 firmware and found some other features (Metering Mode and Photo Mode). Users say that these features can be used from the current version of the CGO3 app from the app store. I haven't tried this yet.

I still hope to get the SET_WIFI_SPEED working with the CGO3 because 6MBit are way to slow.

17. int

intelidron New Member

hi methodus, thanks for the reply. for both GET_STATUS and INDEX_PAGE i get the same result {"rval":-1, "msg_id":"5", "param":"1"} what could be the problem? fyi, the new app does now include Meter Mode. Photo Mode is called Color I assume (nature, gorgeous, raw, night) and has always been there I thought ... ?? it is a pity i keep getting this error message as i know CGO3 is capable of a lot sharper video than i am getting. let me know if any other ideas come to mind. cheers kevin

18. Methodus

Methodus Member

Even INDEX_PAGE does not work? Well then you probably have a camera Problem as that command is the very first to call when initializing the cam. Which Firmware version do you have?

19. int

intelidron New Member

is this the correct complete url? http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=INDEX_PAGE ?

20. Methodus

Methodus Member

Yes, as it returns a response. Other URIs are invalid.