Should I buy a Typhoon H?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viking, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Viking

Viking New Member

Hi there!

I have a Breeze 4K and a Sky-Hero Little Spyder with a Gopro 3 black on a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. But I want to gear up one level and on my wishlist is a Typhoon H.
    Can you tell me why I shouldn't buy one and what to put My money on instead if necessary?

I like the tx St16 before DJI:s ugly white rc-box with lots of cables and extra mumbojumbo that will be needed to work for flying.
    I also like the DJI Mavic pro for it's small size and easy to bring with you in a backpack, but i've read about many issues with this drone.

Am I in a wrong direction with My thoughts? The Typhoon H isn't the smallest to put in a Volvo. ;)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Tags:
    Davee123 likes this.
  2. Urs

Urs Merz New Member

As the Volvo is a big car you will have no prob to take it with you :)... I do have the H Pro myself (before I had the Q500 Pro) and so far I didn't regret the change... The Mavic is also on my watchlist but for other use. I use the H for architectural pictures (visualization&renderings background images and videos) and I like the 360 gimbal. I even took the H to Spain and did some Videos (check Youtube for Arcos de la Frontiera) - no post editing. For pure leisure and fun only - I think the Mavic is an alternative and easier to carry. I read always about problems of drone users and had also some myself (now after changing the GPS module of the H the drone works perfectly) however it is always difficult to say which problem occurred because of dummy user or real problem/firmware issues...

3. Dav

Davee123 New Member

From owning the typhoon h and the mavic both I can tell you that the mavic is the superior unit for recreational flyers. It is far more portable and easier to take with you. Much farther control range along with the active track functions made my typhoon h collect dust while I was flying my mavic

4. Viking

Viking New Member

For recreationflying I have the Sky-Hero little spyder with it's 450 mm wingspan, it's similar size as the DJI Phantom series, and without the gimbal I can do flips and just playing around. It's even foldable if I take the landing gear of. But I want a better camera platform and I think the Typhoon is a better choice. A DJI Inspire is over My cost limit, even though it's the best choice.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

I don't have an H but for a camera platform I think the H is the better choice. Not taking anything away from the Mavic, but I don't believe it's intent is to be a camera platform. With the H, as better cameras come available you can upgrade and don't need a new bird.

6. SKE

SKETCHY Member

#1Mavic Pro, #2Phantom 4 pretty awesome rigs for the money,Mavic Pro will be my next.

7. smi

smitty New Member

Yes, I own that craft it's AWESOME.

8. smi

smitty New Member

DJI is a nice craft but they or turning full corporate I'll pass. They also ha e more fly aways than YUNEEC.

9. krakozavr

krakozavr Member

If you worry about better camera platform, so TH/TH520
    If you worry about better camera... Sorry, but Phantom 4Pro (or Inspire, depend of your budget).

10. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

As much as I like you being supportive of Yuneec, your facts that DJI has more fly a ways is not true. If you base the number of fly a ways to the number of sales then they are just the same as every other manufacturer. They all have fly a ways. I read about a Typhoon H every day that just got a mind of its own and flew a way so its just not DJI. If we are going to post facts lets make sure they are accurate. Costumer service from DJI has also been said to be terrible but in recent reports they have made big improvements to that also.

krakozavr, DroneClone and SKETCHY like this.
  11. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Have you seen much on Autel flyaways? I haven't, but again they have a pretty small market share.

12. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

The DJI controller is ugly(maybe) not to me, but it sure packs a punch!(lightbridge and all) I'd go Inspire 2 and I own a 1 and P4 and H, so I can give sound advice!. Unless you want to roll the dice with the soon to be birth from the sexual encounter of the H and the Autel X Star, the Typhoon H 520 !

13. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

You've got too much money.

14. Jagerbomb52

I don't visit the Autel forums that much and you are right there are not many fay a ways posted on any of them.
    The one big problem Autel seems to be firmware related. Lots of updates to fix minor problems and they still don't seem to fix them.
    Biggest complaint would be the yaw speed. Seems it just jerks the drone around so fast it screws with your video from what I can tell.
    Its a new company so I'm sure there will be problems. They all have them :)

15. Viking

Viking New Member

He could also be a nerd with too much money, but hey! Even the nerds are worth listening to if what they say is reasonable words. ;) And in this case it might be.

16. Jagerbomb52

LOL
    Nope he is just a big old nerd with to much money :) :):)

17. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Actually I am neither of those personal traits described above ! But for someone with 18 posts and boasts of flying a quote " Sky-Hero little spyder" I don't think I'd be calling a other member a "nerd" I don't even know ! As for you other two, Pay backs a bitch ! LOL !:rolleyes:

krakozavr and Jagerbomb52 like this.
  18. Jagerbomb52

LOL
    Bring it on bud, we all love ya.
    It's all in fun as you told me so many posts ago. :)
    Just keep the payback clean and in the rules hehehehe I do have final say ya know :)
    Let the games begin :)

DroneClone likes this.
  19. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Yeah, It will be fun and clean and least expected! HeHe! LOL !;)

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  20. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

I'm not a fan of updates.

DroneClone likes this.