some recommendations for general improvements

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by TaranQ, Aug 13, 2015.

1. TaranQ

TaranQ Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Belgium
    I own my Q500 4K Black edition (first drone) now for less than a week.
    Pretty satistfied, great drone with all you need right out of the box.
    But a few things bother me a bit.

First the case. To my opinion it should have extra spacing to store some extra stuff.
    Or at least there should be a more convenient way to store included components for example the charger cables. I find myself struggling each time to fit everything nicely back into the case, putting back all the cables in the small holes, so i decided to put the main charger cable in the accessories box for starters.
    I planned to buy an extra battery but didn't yet, now wondering if there is even space to put it in the case.
    I placed all unneccesary documentation beneath the foam. main manual and cheat sheet on the side between foam and case, so I don't have them lying on top of the props.
    Also placing the sunvisor underneath the propellors every time isn't very handy. A small sleeve in the foam somewhere would be great. Maybe they should even redesign the sunvisor as I am not able to use the return button at the bottom with the visor installed.
    So maybe redesigning case interior to leave some space for users to relocate stuff or put some extra stuff like an extra battery would be great.

Then the instructions on the props marking A or B and LOCK or UNLOCK are hard to read black on black.
    They should have made the text / symbols white, would be so much more easier to read.
    Also the text on the radio for Angle/Smart/RTH should have been in white imo.

I know there is probably no other way but I hate removing the micro SD card after every flight to watch my video's / pics. The camera / gimbal is a delicate piece of the drone I'd rather not mess with more than neccesary.

Another operational thing is the video / image resolution. I am using the drone for real estate, and want to use video for on our website (so not 4K!) but pictures should be high resolution for printing. This means I have to use the menu every time to switch resolution for video or still image. Imo there should be a seperate setting for image and video resolution (like on a smartphone).

Love to hear other users experiences

2. midego

midego Administrator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Just get a whiter marker and put A or B on it and a turn indicator arrow.

3. TaranQ

TaranQ Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Belgium
    I have to say it crossed my mind but I am a bit afraid that even the weight of the marker ink would result in my props not being balanced anymore.

4. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    First the case. To my opinion it should have extra spacing to store some extra stuff.
    Or at least there should be a more convenient way to store included components for example the charger cables. I find myself struggling each time to fit everything nicely back into the case, putting back all the cables in the small holes, so i decided to put the main charger cable in the accessories box for starters.

Mr burns - cables are fine as they are, for me.

I planned to buy an extra battery but didn't yet, now wondering if there is even space to put it in the case.

Mrburns - put 3rd battery in bird.

I placed all unnecessary documentation beneath the foam. main manual and cheat sheet on the side between foam and case, so I don't have them lying on top of the props.

Mrburns - good idea

Also placing the sun visor underneath the propellers every time isn't very handy. A small sleeve in the foam somewhere would be great. Maybe they should even redesign the sun visor as I am not able to use the return button at the bottom with the visor installed.

Mrburns - good idea

So maybe redesigning case interior to leave some space for users to relocate stuff or put some extra stuff like an extra battery would be great.

Mr burns - Good idea

Then the instructions on the props marking A or B and LOCK or UNLOCK are hard to read black on black.
    They should have made the text / symbols white, would be so much more easier to read.

Mrburns - agree with Midego

Also the text on the radio for Angle/Smart/RTH should have been in white imo.

Mrburns - Bigger glasses :)

I know there is probably no other way but I hate removing the micro SD card after every flight to watch my video's / pics. The camera / gimbal is a delicate piece of the drone I'd rather not mess with more than neccesary.

Mrburns - we all agree. They are working on it, but you could use linkineyes which transfers them.
    (though not for the 4K) but it will come.

Another operational thing is the video / image resolution. I am using the drone for real estate, and want to use video for on our website (so not 4K!) but pictures should be high resolution for printing. This means I have to use the menu every time to switch resolution for video or still image. Imo there should be a seperate setting for image and video resolution (like on a smartphone).

Mrburns - You do not have to record in 4k - you have a choice to find a balance- Transfer the video and take stills from it and process at a lower quality

Some really good suggestions here but we are were we are and I am am sure the product will develop but it is new and they need time , and suggestion like yours, to improve.

BTW there is a "I wish" post here on the forum

Thanks for taking the time out; the constructive positivity is appreciated

5. TaranQ

TaranQ Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Belgium
    I am indeed a starter here, so I haven't come across the 'I Wish' post :)

6. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
  7. Lexazur

Lexazur New Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Mrburns,

When mine comes back I am considering either buying some foam or polystyrene and trying to make a new inside to fit the way I want it to with extras.

Has anyone tried this yet?

8. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
  9. Symbollike

Symbollike New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Male
    Point Clear, Al
  10. cokeaddict

cokeaddict New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Male
  11. Mike Ohlstein

Mike Ohlstein Member

May 19, 2015
    Male
  12. nrrtrains

nrrtrains Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Male
    Staten Island New York USA
    hi
    you have some good ideas .
    im not knocking anyone but you should keep your batteries in a lipo battery fire proof bag or in an old amo can or some metal can with vent holes to and from the place where you fly ( you dont want a fire in your auto ) even after you put your batteries in storage mode and never leave a battery in the quade it will dran the battery dont get into that habit. lipos arent the safest power sourcs they must be handle with care .