somebody know where can i buy a Camera retaining screw ??

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by yeko, Mar 9, 2016.

1. yeko

yeko New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Male
    hello!!

i lost my Camera retaining screw for gopro somebody know where can i buy this part??
    i fligth without this screw and no problems but i need more security

thanks!!

2. MIke D

MIke D New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Male
    So, had this same exact problem. Called Yuneec yesterday and they said that the screws are not currently available for order (yeah, wtf?), but the customer service rep DID send me a couple new ones for free. In the meantime, I went to a hardware store and got a micro metric screw (which I cannot remember the size of at the moment) and a washer. Just took my gimbal in with me and found a combo that fit. Only inconvenience is that it's not a thumb screw, so you'll have to get an allen wrench to tighten and remove it.

3. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    bullhead city arizona
    don't know where your at but if you have a Fastenal in town check them they have everything

4. yeko

yeko New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Male
    thanks for reply you can bring me the size of screw mm. for buy same in hardware

5. yeko

yeko New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Male
    i live in mexico, here have fastenal i find there thanks

6. Arbutus

Arbutus Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Electronics, Mechanical, Structural Engineer
    Mayne Island, BC. Canada
    The screw you are looking for is M2x4 (Metric 2mm x 4mm long) preferably a socket head type.

7. yeko

yeko New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Male
    Arbutus thanks a lot!! for size screw.

8. ksiads

ksiads Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Male
    Bucks County, PA
    One other solution if you lose the screw in the field is to put a lens ring accessory on, such as a filter or a lens hood. When the camera is in the GB203 just place the accessory on the lens and it should provide enough front-side retention to keep the GoPro fastened during flight.
    [​IMG]

9. jbourne

jbourne Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Male
    While I realize this is an old post, I discovered that the retaining screw size for my G is actually a 3mm. Strange.