Q500 4K ST 10+ joystick, left side

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Bruce, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    When I try to turn my drone to the right it turns real slow or not at all, to the left it is fine. If I hit the controller a few times with my hand it may or may not correct the problem.....I found a new replacement joystick on line, wondering if both joy sticks are the same, before I order it........also I know it is in the controller , because it does the same thing when I use it on the computer simulator .........has anybody else had this problem ?

2. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    Before you order anything you should try the controller stick calibration. Here is video. Before you start take some of that compressed air in a can and blow out the stick area while moving it around. You might do just that first and then see how it acts. Dirt and Dust can get in there and affect it. Ask me how I know that.

Lawrence likes this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    OK I did that followed the video...all lights showed green, except J2, the left and right movement on the left joystick. could not get that one to turn green it failed.......

4. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    East Tennessee, USA
    Mine had the same problem. I got some Compressed Air in a Can and blew out the dust while moving the stick. Then I redid the calibration and it started working again.

5. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Ok I have to wait until morning to go get a can.........on the flight sim. I notice that the joy stick on the screen just barely moves when I move the stick left and right,but the right hand joy stick moves all the way in both directions, I will try the compressed air..and let you know what happens...sure hope it works...but a new joystick only costs about $14,95, as a last resort..........

6. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    OOps just remembered, I have a Walmart just up the street that is open 24 hours a day...........................be right back...............................got the can of compressed air and used it........it turns much faster now, but still fails the setup test, j2 stays red while all the others turn green.........I am testing it on the sim and it turns much faster...fast enough for me to feel comfortable with it again.........thank you...I will keep this can of air close by..........

7. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    East Tennessee, USA
    My ST10 has been in dusty conditions before riding around in my off road vehicle. I noticed alot of buildup on the sticks. That is when I decided to blow them out while moving them side to side at the same time. It worked for me. If it had not, then I was prepared to open up the ST10 and go further. Your situation may be different with yours. Good Luck.

8. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Well took it outside and tried it with my drone.........Now I have to get used to the faster response , had to slow down the rabbit turtle control, until I get used to everything being faster....surprising what blowing a little dirt out can do....thanks again......