ST10+ camera button not working

Discussion in 'ST10(+) Controller' started by Brian Hegarty, May 19, 2019.

1. Brian Hegarty

Brian Hegarty New Member

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Hi,
    The button used to capture images on my ST10+ has stopped working. I have a Yuneec Q500 4K drone. The video record function is working perfectly as is the ability to manoeuvre the CG03 camera, but the ST10+ is no longer capturing images. When I press the video record button there is an audible ‘click’ when I start and stop, but nothing like that with the capture image function. Has anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks! IMG_0006.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    You can check the function on the ST10+ hardware monitor screen(under "flight settings).

Also, it is not unknown for these buttons to get stuck in the "pressed" condition. It that has happened, use a pair of plyers to pull the button back out. Compare the camera button to the video button to see if the same amount of black button is showing above the silver collar.

3. 1buddyc

1buddyc Active Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    RETIRED
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have a nice used ST-10+ controller I'll part with for $42.50 shipped. Then you could use your old controller for parts and a spare battery..

4. NealJ777

NealJ777 New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Male
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. I solved it by taking a pair of needle-nosed pliers and pulling the button out a bit. BINGO!

Brian Hegarty likes this.
  5. Robert Fairbanks

Robert Fairbanks New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Male
    I had similar issue with the video button. Somehow the button overlay (part you really push) gets stuck. When I surgically removed that part with my sledgehammer, It popped out and off. So now my button works but has no hat! Haven't located a source for a replacement yet.

6. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I never use that button, am always taking video when flying and then do captures when I play it back on the computer, the stills come out great and I can always back up to the scene I want and tale another capture ...... or several in a row to make sure I got a good one......

7. azbloc

azbloc Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    FRANCE
    Sur toutes les ST10 ces deux boutons caméra et photo reste enfoncé, un ou l'autre, pas besoin de dépenser
    beaucoup d'argent pour en changer, les remplacer.
    il faut juste enlever le boutons en plastique et y glisser une petite boulette de papiers au fond qui
    diminue la profondeur de 1 mm / 1.5 mm.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE :

On all ST10 these two buttons camera and photo remains depressed, one or the other, no need to spend
    a lot of money to change, replace them.
    you just have to take off the plastic buttons and put a little ball of paper on the bottom
    decreases the depth of 1 mm / 1.5 mm.

Brian Hegarty and WTFDproject like this.
  8. Brian Hegarty

Brian Hegarty New Member

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Hi. One of the other suggestions was to roll up a small piece of paper and put it into the black button (this piece comes off and there’s another white button underneath). This worked perfectly. Thanks anyway for your suggestion

9. Brian Hegarty

Brian Hegarty New Member

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Hi. One of the other suggestions was to roll up a small piece of paper and put it into the black button (this piece comes off and there’s another white button underneath). This worked perfectly. Thanks anyway for your suggestion

10. Brian Hegarty

Brian Hegarty New Member

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. For some reason the black button cover did t seem to be correctly connecting with the white button underneath it. I put a tiny ball of paper into the black button and it’s now working perfectly. Thanks again!

11. Brian Hegarty

Brian Hegarty New Member

May 19, 2019
    Male
    This worked!! Thank you very much

WTFDproject likes this.
  12. azbloc

azbloc Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    FRANCE
    super!! :)

13. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Thanks for providing feedback to close out the thread. Feedback allows others to know what works.
    Good Job.