Q500 4K ST10+ Mods are back!!

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Kyle J LaValley, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Hello everyone, You probably remember me from a thread awhile back called ST10+ Mods!. Well after a year of testing some custom software to figure out how this device actually works, i have made a breakthrough for all us ST10+ Owners.

TWRP Custom Recovery.
    This will be ported in the coming days to the st10+.
    TWRP recovery will allow us to:
    1: Backup/Restore ST10+ Software.(so we can mess with and experiment with he remote as much as you wish, without having to warranty or buy a new remote, as the FULL Software and Kernel's/Partitions to be restored!)
    2: Flash custom ROM'S and kernels,
    3: Overclocking

And much more. Just search up "TWRP recovery" on google for more info and to see thetouchscreen UI. This will be touchscreen also. and can be loaded BEFORE the OS is loaded so even if you get a blackscreen on remote boot. you can Boot TWRP recovery and restore your remote back to stock WITHOUT a computer!!

I will keep you updated in the coming days!

Happy Flying!

WTFDproject likes this.
  2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Backup and restore feature could finally be a solution to one of the old problems on the forum. In the days of the Q500 being king, many folks bricked their ST10 controllers by installing ST10+ firmware. The video was not compatible. The screen went blank and unresponsive to touch control. Some folks paid the price and sent the ST10s back for service. Many others just set them aside and went with a new controller. (Pretty much the same cost, and you got a bigger screen.)

If your solution does not involve using the screen, some of these old units maybe can be restored to service. (I have no idea where we can find an original, functioning ST10 to get a backup, but that's a side issue.) The important piece is this:
    Can the restore part of your process be accomplished without access to the screen?

Your description sure sounds that way. Hope I'm reading it right.

3. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    This is Absolutely Correct!

WTFDproject likes this.
  4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    That is great news. I will start trying to find a copy of the original programming.
    Looking forward to trying out your new work!

5. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Thanks! Do you by chance, know anyone with a bricked transmitter?

6. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Yes. I have a bricked ST10. But note they aren't "bricked" in the normal use of the word. The transmitters are working fine, you just can't see anything on screen, or use any of the touchscreen controls. I just moved the affected board into the case of an ST10+ to give it access to the type screen matching it's new firmware. It works fine. But you can't downgrade it's firmware by any means I have found, so I essentially have a useless controller. (the good ST10+ board is in the original ST10 case, where it won't work with the ST10 screen.) I think your method will work to restore the firmware to original. Then I can move both boards back to where they are supposed to be, both controllers will work, and all will be right with the world.

7. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    is there another way i can contact you?

8. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I sent you a PM. Look for the envelope icon beside your avatar in the upper right of the screen.

9. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    TWRP Booted!! This video will explain release date, and other things about the software. we are hoping for a release this weekend.

par2rob likes this.
  10. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Root is now also obtained.
    BIG BIG Thanks to "Captain Throwback" for doing 99% of the work here.

11. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Release coming tomorrow!!

par2rob, Matman500 and WTFDproject like this.
  12. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Release at 3PM EST today. first tutorial release will be to UN-Brick your ST10/St10+
    Standard TWRP install will come 2 hours after that at 5PM EST
    and Root Tutoiral will be 7PM EST

WTFDproject and par2rob like this.
  13. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Uploading ST10+ tutorial now. Im making the standard ST10 Tutorial now.

par2rob likes this.
  14. par2rob

par2rob New Member

Sep 30, 2019
    plz give us the site,,,,thanks for good and hard work,its a shitty code

Sent from my Acer Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

15. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Video and download files are going on youtube now. I am going to make a new post named: ST10+ Un-Brick Guide

par2rob likes this.
  16. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    par2rob likes this.
  17. Kyle J LaValley

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Virus Scan uploaded. The 4 tags are false positives by some Virus scanners ive never even heard of

These drivers are directly from UNISOC the company that makes the Spreadtrum CPU inside the ST10's