Steady Grip run times with GB203

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by XIBALBA, Apr 5, 2016.

1. XIB

XIBALBA Member

It's my understanding that the steady grip runs for a short period of time using the 4K camera because it has to power the camera. What are the run times using the GoPro gimbal since the GoPro uses it's own battery? Anyone tried it out using 8 freshly charged NiMH batteries?

Wondering if its worth the upgrade to a lipo in the grip.

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

My rechargeable NiMH batteries have only been charged once in two months. I run the CGO3 and the Gopro gimbal. I guess if you buy cheap rechargeables you get what you pay for.

3. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

Modified mine to use a 2200 MHA LIPO, will outlast the GoPro batteries , this is an easy cheap mod to to. The battery was $18 and a voltage alarm was $7. ImageUploadedByYuneec-Forum.com1460003961.382018.jpg

4. XIB

XIBALBA Member

I use eneloop batteries. I guess at $18 for a lipo it's worth it. Maybe I'll just turn my grip on and see how long it goes before dying.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  5. au0

au01st New Member

Does your battery cover close? I had a spare battery the same size as the one you pictured but my battery sticks up a full 5mm too much (not puffy or anything).

6. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

Yes it closes. The battery compartment has spars across the bottom, I cut them out. Actually a little wiggle with a pair of pliers and they will break right off. I haven't seen any adverse effects to the rigidity of the grip from doing this.

7. au0

au01st New Member

I looked at that, I'll have to get a pic but mine sits well above the base where even if I cut those I still don't think it would close.