C-GO3 Steadygrip CGO2 vs CGO3

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Maik, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Maik

Maik Active Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Male
    Hello,

I have a queston.... Is the steadygrip for the CGO2 (8 batteries version) the same as the steadygrip for the CGO3? I tried connecting with mine. It worked once, after that my wifi dissapeared.
    I am affraid to reconnect it because of damaging the CGO3. Is the steadygrip different?

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
  3. Maik

Maik Active Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Male
    My Steadygrip for my CGO2+ is 8 batteries.... So that would not be a problem I guess.
    Everything seems to work except when I started recording, the app crashed. After that I could not connect to the WiFi anymore.

4. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    Architect
    Malaysia
    could be battery not having enough voltage?

(*the reason why so many people doing the lipo battery mod even on yuneec's newer action cam batch)

5. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom

I assume you have deleted the app. Cold started the phone, reinstall app and tried again.?

Also, if you put the CGO on the bird and use the app does the same thing happen?

6. suprachris

suprachris New Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Male
    Medically Disabled
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I just happened to visit Yuneec's webpage today and noticed a new version of the steady grip using a lipo vs many other lil batteries.... just food for thought

7. calabashman

calabashman New Member

May 19, 2015
    I don't want to compound this felony - but- I've purchased 2 of these refurbished but fully warranted by Yuneec action cam/steadygrips with the single built-in lipo batteries with the case etc. BOTH failed to charge even overe night. I've returned both and I continue to pull out my hair. Neither Yuneec or reseller are able to give me a suitable answer or corrective action to take although I did get my $$$ back. IF I left them plugged in to AC they did work but I also had trouble maintaining a WIFI signal with the CGO3 App on with both units. I still don't know why they won't work. The battery can only go in 1 way and the charger red light never turns green as it should when it is charged. Good Luck, and if you learn anything helpful please let me know.

8. Jonathan Enssle

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    Student
    Boulder Colorado
    I noticed the biggest reason a signal isn't maintained is because of a dead/almost-dead battery.

I would suggest check the charger. My Yuneec charger is having issues after a few months. Guess I get what I pay for.