Swapping The CGO2 mainboard?

Discussion in 'C-GO2' started by erkin, Aug 29, 2015.

1. erk

erkin New Member

Hi, about "3" months ago my yuneec q500 crashed cause of communucation problem between st10 and q500. (It was like 30 meter high from st10, and I can't controlled q500 while it's going away with the wind. It happened after the new firmware update.) After that, I noticed propellers broken, cgo2 broken, camera is okay but gimbal mainboard has some missing parts and shortage of some cables. q500 frame is in very good condition, just has 2 little scratches. Anyway, I talked with Yuneec and inform them about my problem, I told them I want 4 pcs propeller, gimbal mainboard and 4 pcs anti vibrate rubbers. They told me they can't sell mainboard and I must send whole camera system to them to repair. Now, if I do this;

1. Sending and receving shipping cost will be reach like 50-60$ minimum (with cheaper service from Turkey)
    2. They want some repair price and it will not below 100-150$ in my opinion.
    3. When they send it back to me, I can face "duty tax" again. I can handle that with somehow but problem is a problem and with these, the cost is a bit high for just and mainboard changing.

Well... in the light of these info's, can I change the cgo2 mainboard with any oem 3d gimbal's mainboard and make it work? Is it possible to make it work with this kinda modification? Can it fit all cables sockets to eatch other perfectly?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Erkin,

Where in Turkey are you?

3. erk

erkin New Member

I was in Turkish side of Cyprus for 3 years to get my Master degree, now I got it and going back home to "Manisa" in "Turkey". Why you asked my place? There is no official Yuneec seller nor any store I can buy Yuneec parts in Turkey, as I know.

4. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Erkin,

Because, I am sending some spares out to Akbuk, or may even fly out myself - still thinking about flight.

5. Rus

Russell Smith Member

anyone know where I can obtain the mainboard for a CGO2 gimbal. had a mishap with my Q500... the gimbal slipped right off the mount on the Q and ripped out the cables attaching it... I can plug them back in but it looks like no power... the camera front led does not turn on nor it is not recognized... and a couple quick orange flashes along with the normal purple on the Q's rear led...