Q500+ Telemetry failing after ST10+ firmware update

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Arbutus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Arbutus

Arbutus Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Electronics, Mechanical, Structural Engineer
    Mayne Island, BC. Canada
    #1 Arbutus, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    After updating the ST10+, CGO3 4K and formatting the SD card I am unable to record any data on the SD card e.g. //st10Logs/FPV-Video/Local/(date.time).avc are being created, but there is no data in the FlightLog folders.

There is no telemetry, video, or GPS logging, just empty .csv files with the column headings, but no data.

The SD card (8Mb Class 10) tests correctly in both the CGO3 and in a PC, so I'm pretty sure its not a read/write issue.

Did I miss something - i.e. is there a setting in the UI somewhere?

Yuneec - some actual instructions might be helpful !!!

2. MadMattz

MadMattz Active Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Upstate NY USA
    After I did my update, the first flight I did also did not record telemetry. I too formatted the card after the update. However, I failed to reset the ST10 date / time after the update and did the first flight with it thinking it was Nov 2018. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I reset the date/time to the correct values, went a test flew again and the telemetry recorded as it normally would. I never removed the SD card from the ST10.

3. Paul2010

Paul2010 New Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Male
    You will notice if the SD Card is installed correctly. A few seconds after switching on the ST10 you will hear a short beep indicating that the card has been initialized successfully. When you don't hear the beep reinstall the card. Pay attention to the pins and shift the latch a few mm downwards .

midego likes this.
  4. Arbutus

Arbutus Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Electronics, Mechanical, Structural Engineer
    Mayne Island, BC. Canada
    Well it was the card seating. The metal clip was slightly distorted and did not click in place securely. When I opened the tx case, the card was loose in the frame.

It all works as expected now. Stupid clip design !!!

5. My V. Nguyen

My V. Nguyen New Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Male
    Yes stupid design, isn't it? But it has to fit over a miniscule SD card. Maybe someone needs to make a u-tube video on how to open, remove, and re-install the card. First, you have to slide the thin metal cover out; then, you can lift it to remove the card. Many people don't know and try to pry open the cover, causing it to deform.

6. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
  7. Nettle Creek UAV

Nettle Creek UAV Moderator

Aug 21, 2015
    Male
    Electronics Engineer / Treasure Hunter
    Grundy County, Illinois, USA