The Typhoon H lawsuit discussion

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Ry.No, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Ry.No

Ry.No Member

Apr 17, 2016
    There is a lawsuit with DJI, search " yuneec typhoon h lawsuit" the typhoon h might not even go out to consumers as long as DJI is involved. This is why yuneec has no official updates on the product.

Camperson1 likes this.
  2. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    This is already known, and there are no reports on any delays as a result. Currently, firmware and high demand are the only two factors causing delays.

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

You really should research before you post crap like this. The delays have nothing to do with the bullshit lawsuit.
    DJI sucks

4. cat

cat New Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Female
    Surely that explanation could only ever make sense in the country of which that particular court has jurisdiction? There's absolutely nothing a US court could do about sales in other countries yet here we are with a delay world-wide.

I think the real reason for the delay has been related to technical or manufacturing glitches.

5. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    I wouldn't say DJI sucks. But they're definitely rocking the boat.

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Ya they do suck, and yes the boat is rocking but not in their favour :)

John Manlow likes this.
  7. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    Come on Jagerbomb52.... keep an open mind. You still have to respect a company that's number 1. Even if they aren't making good decisions at the moment.

8. Drone Dreamer

Drone Dreamer Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    There just the big boy and don't like what they see in the H, they just don't want to lose market share, what it tells me is Yuneec is about to hit a home run with a superior product the other team is nervous, so all can say to yuneec is bring them on, charge me a extra buck for your legal fees, I just want to fly one...

9. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

The only reason they are number one is the bonehead people don't research before they buy. First company that comes up with a google search is DJI so they go with them. OH my neighbour just bought a DJI so I am to.....no research and bonehead buyers. I say go for it.

10. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    I think their reputation and years in business probably play a pretty strong role too. They're also a little more involved photographically speaking. They're the more Senior company, and a lot of people like when there's established reputation. I'm not saying their product is better. I'm saying that it makes logical sense for most people to make the choice.

11. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Apples and oranges ........I like oranges. Do not want to buy a APPLE product to run my QUAD ... get me now???

Gavin Blair likes this.
  12. jedoyle

jedoyle Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Male

Same here. I'm REALLY liking the idea of a decently powered Android tablet embedded into the controller. My understanding is that it will work with the Google Play Store and the accompanying Google services. Really nice. It's 2016...clipping an external tablet or phone to a controller seems a little janky IMO.

13. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    You can use android too..... lol... I'm not necessarily a fan of DJI ,but I'm logical. I see both sides and while I can agree with some things, I see disagreements on logic as well.

14. Drone Dreamer

Drone Dreamer Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    I like everything about the H that I've read and watched, what grabbed my attention at first was there controller, with built in screen, after I saw it I joined this forum to see what everybody had to say about Yuneec... Well my mind was made up, I'm wating on the H...

Big Jim and Jagerbomb52 like this.
  15. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Still a added expense GabeZ your no further ahead with android or apple products. Why should I have to buy a add on to fly my new Quad? And that is what DJI wants you to do. Also they only have 4 motors, the H has 6 motors and will land safely if one dies :)

16. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    Truth be told, I think they just don't want to bother integrating a screen into the hardware because designing software for a phone or table is much easier. Most people carry either an iPhone or android, so it's considered standard. You don't really have to go out and buy one unless you'd like a bigger screen. I'm definitely with you on the 6 motors though.

17. Gavin Blair

Gavin Blair Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Well, I have a tablet, and a phone. And NEITHER will work with a DJI. Why should I have to buy a device solely for the purpose of flying my UAV?

18. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    That's a good question. Why should you not? Anything can be considered an accessory anymore. The fact that Yuneec always has it built in is icing on the cake.