Thermal cameras

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jagerbomb52, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Its interesting to see how the industry has focused on IR cameras. Yuneec now has one, flir just came out with a gopro type one. How many of you are interested in this or would even consider buying one and what would you use it for? I have been interested in one for a long time but the price of the Flir camera has always held me back.
    Going forward what are your thoughts on this?

Tags:
    Dave and Rob likes this.
  2. bow

bow New Member

For me it would be great to use for brush fires and nite time searches. Other then that I can see it being used to track animals and probably tons of commercial applications. The home efficiency push is what put cheaper thermal cameras on the market.

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  3. ff119

ff119 Member

I'm a Lieutenant at a fulltime fire dept. Flir or TIC ( Fire Dept term) is extremely useful for locating hot spots in fires or fire it's self. Locating people inside structures or lost people in woods or fields. Im very excited Yuneec has it now. I also have an Autel X-Star Premium and they are coming out with one. Alao useful for rooftop inspections and thermal variations of heat loss in building inspections.

Dave and Rob likes this.