This may be the shortest membership on here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by bow, Dec 27, 2016.

1. bow

bow New Member

hello, not much to say but that after lots of prodding to take my new typhoon h pro out to a test run I ended up with a lot of pieces. It went against my better judgement to even open the thing but I did sit last nite and watch a bunch of videos and did some research. Have to admit when I was half way looking into drones I tended to lean toward the phantom. But you know santa they always seem to think they know best. Ive been reading the turn around times for a repair and it is what it is. My question is does anyone know what I might be looking at for a rebuild? Camera and gimbal are in pieces, landing gear snapped and pretty much every arm won't lock back into place. What can I say when I break something I do it all the way.

Tags:
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

One of my Q500 4K drones took a death plunge on it's first flight (I have 3 flying and a dead one I bought for parts) and the turn around time for my warranty repair was 7 weeks from my first phone call to the time I got it back BUT in your case, the accident comes at the worst time of year when all drone makers are being swamped with calls right after Christmas.

Good luck. I have absolutely no complaints about Yuneec service after the sale, but I was burned on DJI with a Phantom 3 (my first drone) and they never bothered to contact me by phone or email.

Codestar7 likes this.
  3. bow

bow New Member

I know it will take some time. Wondering what the cost might be. It will be going up for sale as soon as it it flying again. I know there are a million and one things that can be done with them, but I also know I don't have the time or desire at this point to get all I can out of them. To many other things keeping me busy

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

I feel for you but I have a question. What happened to cause the crash? Phantoms crash also.

5. bow

bow New Member

I'm not exactly sure. It was the second flight. First flight was fine everything went as expected. Swapped out the battery and took off again. Was hovering around 30' adjusting the camera and it banked hard without me touching the stick. I know they all can crash. Main reason I was leaning to the other was based on range. It was being planned to be used for fd operations. We get some pretty serious brush fires here as well as loosing sections of road on barrier beaches. Lots easier to take a look with a drone then have to find out the hard way that we have no access from a certain direction.

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

With it banking hard and crashing with out you touching the stick would seem to mean it had a compass or GPS problem. I know Yuneec can look at your telemetry file and determine if it was pilot error or considered a fly a way that you had no control over. If you provide them with as much information, the telemetry files and don't lose your cool with them they should rebuild it for you free or exchange it. One of the experience pilots here had his just take off with a mind of its own and thats what Yuneec did for him.

Davee123 and Lawrence like this.
  7. bow

bow New Member

Lol that would be nice. Not counting on it. And like Luke said it's the wrong time of year for it to happen.

8. bow

bow New Member

I'm just going to put all the parts and pieces into the case and let them pull whatever info they can and see what happens.

9. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Now I understand. Do what Jaggerbomb52 suggested. It doesn't hurt to try

povertybeach likes this.
  10. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Yeah, they took care of my runaway bird, no questions asked!

11. bow

bow New Member

That would be nice. Tried calling yesterday and were closed. Will try today. Hopefully they can pull the data and it works out.

12. bow

bow New Member

Sitting at work wondering if it was something I did or was a technical glitch. Trying to find directions on how to pull telemetry from the controller, not sure I would be able to tell even if I do get it figured out

13. Jagerbomb52

Here read over the how to access the telemetry file on the Typhoon H PDF I made up for beginners. Once you have downloaded the files you can post them in this thread and someone will look them over.

Attached Files:

povertybeach likes this.
  14. bow

bow New Member

Jagerbomb you are the best.

15. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

You're the man Jagger!

16. bow

bow New Member

I was trying to download the manuals to my phone at work and looking through them. His way seems much easier.

povertybeach likes this.
  17. Jagerbomb52

Thanks
    Ya if I only got paid for all this lol2.gif

Oh well I enjoy helping and just remember I'm not always right with my answers. Thats why this is a open forum and others can just shout out the right answer :)

Davidnclearlaketx and Lawrence like this.
  18. Jagerbomb52

Oh and Lawrence your help in the Chroma section is much appreciated as I have very little experience with the Chroma and your a seasoned flyer with it so keep up the good work bud.

Davidnclearlaketx and Lawrence like this.
  19. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Honestly, I'm not a bad flyer, but technically I'm a moron. Most of my knowledge has come from this forum and my dealer.

20. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Good men both of you!;)